Free Consultation: (920) 430-0955Tap to Call This Lawyer
Shari Lynn Vannieuwenhoven

Shari Lynn Vannieuwenhoven

  • Bankruptcy, Social Security Disability
  • Texas, Wisconsin
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Shari Lynn Vannieuwenhoven has worked extensively with residents of Northeastern Wisconsin to secure their financial freedom through filing Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies. She also advocates and represents disabled clients in their Social Security disability claims. Attorney Shari Lynn gained experience as a Bankruptcy Attorney at a prominent consumer bankruptcy law firm while residing in Fort Worth, Texas. After moving to Wisconsin, she represented clients on Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income Claims in Northeastern Wisconsin. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, hiking and camping with her husband and two children. Attorney Shari Lynn earned her J.D. in 2009 from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas. Prior to law school, she received her Bachelors in Business Administration from Stephen F. Austin State University. Attorney Shari Lynn is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of Wisconsin and admitted to practice in the Eastern District of Wisconsin. She is also a member of the Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Creditors Rights Section.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Social Security Disability
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Texas Wesleyan University School of Law - Texas Wesleyan University
J.D. (2009) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Stephen F. Austin State University
B.B.A. (2003) | Marketing
Stephen F. Austin State University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Wisconsin # 1077241
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas # 24072365
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. Can I prevent my husband from filing for bankruptcy? Does he need my permission in order to do so?
A: No. A married person can file a bankruptcy as a single filer. He will have to list you as a non-filing spouse. Your income will be included on his schedules and he will have to submit your paystubs and tax returns.
Q. Will I lose all of my property if I file for Chapter 7? What can I protect/keep?
A: The federal bankruptcy laws provide for exemptions. Certain property and equity in property can be protected. You should consult with an experienced local bankruptcy attorney to discuss this. You need to disclose all of your assets, debts and income. Good luck.
Q. How long does a Chapter 7 case last?
A: A typical no asset chapter 7 lasts 4-5 months. If the case it an asset case it can last over a year. The majority of cases are no asset cases. I suggest calling a local experienced bankruptcy attorney to discuss your debts, income and assets. Good luck.
Q. I was denied disability and i did not appeal within 60 days. I was homeless and did not receive mail.. What do i do now
A: You can still file the appeal but you need to show good cause for filing the appeal late. I suggest contacting your local social security office as soon as possible to request the hearing and establish good cause. Good luck.
Q. My daughter doesn't have a lot of money. Would anyone take her SSDI case and collect your fees when she wins?
A: I suggest contacting a local experienced social security attorney. You will find that fees are paid at the end of case if she is awarded benefits. The attorney will get paid directly from social security. The fee is limited to 25% of the past-due benefits up to a maximum of $6,000. The attorney will be paid only out of past-due benefits. Most attorneys offer free consultations. The process of getting awarded benefits is long. I suggest calling an attorney soon. Good luck!
Q. Need help can I apply for bankruptcy if I'm on disability?
A: If your income is disability insurance you should meet the income requirements for filing bankruptcy. You should contact a local bankruptcy attorney to discuss your options and let them know any and all income you are receiving. Bankruptcy is an option if your assets can be protected. As stated above you can change your number or block the callers. Good luck!
Q. Hello I am needing of advice on filing for bankruptcy. Can I file for bankruptcy and pay the lawyer in payments?
A: Most attorneys offer payment plans but a chapter 7 bankruptcy cannot be filed until the fees are paid in full. You will find the majority of bankruptcy attorneys offer flexible payment plans. I suggest contacting a local bankruptcy attorney and finding out your options for payment arrangements. If your case is a chapter 13 the attorney fees can be in paid through the chapter 13 plan. Good luck!
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Attorneys Vann and Chamberlain, S.C.
1345 West Mason Street
Suite 102
Green Bay, WI 54303
Telephone: (920) 430-0955