Scott Richard KaufmanNational Association of Consumer Advocates
- Personal Injury, Consumer Law, Products Liability
I attended law school in my mid 30s after earning my degree in speech communications, traveling a bit, waiting on tables, running a small food business and teaching tennis for eight years. Translated, I had a bit of a life and a well developed personality and world outlook at law school, unlike so many "kids" who go straight out of college and learn only to fight. My job is to see your issues from the legal and non legal sides. I need to see how the other side thinks as well to end up with successful results.
I do not come from an ivory tower. I've been poor, very poor, for years, and whatever I have I have earned it on my own. Remembering that path and that climb is essential to everything I do, every day and why I fight for all that you deserve and usually try to get you a bit more than the law allows. That is why you will find excellent reviews out there on my practice. We strive to please in your time of need.
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Lemon Law
- Contract Law
- Auto Fraud Law
- Free Consultation
In most of our matters we are able to get the other guy to pay your attorneys (us) in the matter.
- State Chair
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Univ of South Florida
- Undergraduate Degree
- Willamette Univ COL
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 190129
- - Current
Always inspect FIRST before buying a carFAQ used cars
Does the lemon law cover used cars?FAQ lemon definition
What exactly IS a Lemon?FAQ certified
Certified - CPO car. What are my rights?Extended Warranty
But they gave me an "extended" warranty?@%*!!Do I Need a Lemon Law Attorney?
Why you ALWAYS want an experienced Lemon Law attorney on your sideCustomer Satisfaction
A car manufacturer's idea of "customer satisfaction."I Made A Mistake I Bought A Lemon Jeep song by Teggy – Jeep Grand Cherokee, what a lemon!
Hysterical Jeep Lemon Video from Australia
- Q. Can I sleep in my car with a car cover over it in California if im homeless ??
- A: Maybe? It may be tough to get out though?
- Q. I prepaid my phone in order to receive calls from an inmate in county jail
- A: The general rule on a gift certificate in CA is 'no, the amount cannot expire.' This does not 'feel' like a gift certificate. THAT said, in most dealings these days with corporations the businesses sneak into the small print a requirement to the consumer to give up your right to sue in a court of law and instead to go after them in an arbitration proceeding, where they pay the arbitrator. This is usually good for them, paying the trier of fact or in layman's terms, the judge? BUT, since they would have to pay $5,000.00 to get going and you are likely talking about a lot less, if you DEMAND arbitration under your contract, assuming it is in there, you are likely to get a settlement check from them, as opposed to having to fight it out...
- Q. So definition of a loan is exchange of money from one party to the other. If i never recieved money from auto dealer onl
- A: I do not think you have a loan. I think you have a contract that includes their promise to deliver a car to you and ownership of said car, when the contract is paid off. That is one reason you have insurance, should this event occur. That insures their interest and hopefully yours. Here's hoping everyone is ok and if the car is totaled, the insurance pays it off. AND if not totaled, the insurance fixes it and you are able to pay off the contract as you have promised to do.