I am a passionate attorney that seeks to fight for my clients' interests all the while trying to resolve issues as fast and effectively as possible. There is no better feeling than winning a case for a client whether in divorce court, criminal court or civil court. I like to walk the streets I serve and see my clients who salute me for the work I did for them and build long term relationships. Our aim is to win for our clients and to explain the best way to achieve realistic goals. I have been living in Jersey City for approximately 10 years and have been practicing law in Jersey City, Newark and throughout New Jersey for numerous years. Our main practice areas include: family law, divorce, personal injury, truck accidents, car accidents, pedestrian accidents, passenger injuries, child custody, and domestic violence disputes and crimes associated with these disputes. Prior to opening up my law practice I worked in various business and finance roles in Manhattan.
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Criminal Law
- Elder Law
- Domestic Violence
- Landlord Tenant
- Immigration Law
- Juvenile Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
On personal injury cases.
- New Jersey
- Italian: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Lead Attorney
- Artusa Law Firm
- - Current
- Law Clerk/Intern
- New Jersey Federal District Court
- Worked on federal cases for the Hon. Judge Dickinson Debevoise, S.D.J.N.J.
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- March of Dimes
- - Current
- Jersey City Soccer Association
- - Current
- Hudson County Bar Association
- - Current
- American Red Cross
- American Bar Association
- Chairperson Young Lawyers Division Practice Management
- Differences between Shared and Joint Custody in New Jersey
- Divorce Magazine
- How Fast Can I Obtain A Divorce in New Jersey?
- Santo Artusa, Jr., Esquire
- NBC Interview, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Interviewed by NBC news concerning legal issues in New Jersey
- American Civic Association
Artusa Law Firm, one of New Jersey's leading divorce and family law attorneys in New Jersey. Santo V. Artusa, Jr., Esq. knows what is like to need an attorney in family court and the importance of a strong advocate.NJ DWI ATTORNEY SANTO ARTUSA DISCUSSES DWI ISSUES
Jersey City DWI Lawyer Santo Artusa discusses issues in DWI cases in New Jersey.Amicable Uncontested Divorce in New Jersey
Information about uncontested divorces in New Jersey by New Jersey Divorce Attorney Santo ArtusaDO I NEED A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT?
Information about prenuptial agreements in New Jersey by New Jersey Family Law Attorney Santo ArtusaDISMISSING A FINAL RESTRAINING ORDER IN NEW JERSEY
Information about final restraining orders in New Jersey by New Jersey Family Law Attorney Santo ArtusaNEW JERSEY CHILD SUPPORT TIPS
Video about child support tips by child support lawyer Santo ArtusaSERVED WITH DIVORCE PAPERS IN NJ?
Video about divorce in New Jersey by New Jersey Divorce Lawyer Santo Artusa of Jersey CityJersey City DWI Lawyers
Informative video about DWI/DUI in New Jersey by New Jersey Attorney Santo ArtusaThe Artusa Law Firm-Jersey City Divorce and Family Law Attorneys
Information about divorces in New jersey by New Jersey Divorce Attorney
- Q. Hi, I need consultation, can I get child support and legal custody agreement
- A: Yes you can have an agreement. However, you should go through the proper court channels to easily enforce the agreement despite your legal status. Sincerely, Santo V. Artusa. Artusa Law Firm.
- Q. Question: Alimony arrears , can Police retirement pension be used to collect? Only N.J. asset as he fled state.
- A: What about his bank account? Does he have other assets? His bank account can essentially be "attacked" and the money turned over to you. Have they issued a warrant for his arrest? How much is owed?
- Q. Can a case that was heard and ruled on 8 months ago go back to court if I feel ruling was unfair?
- A: You would have to file a motion to set aside the order based on what you may believe is fraud/mistake, etc. This usually needs to be filed within 1 year of the order but the sooner the better. Can you prove you did not send that text?
- Q. I have a court date to finalize my divorce and I have a motion filed denying a few points but that date is after the
- A: It really depends on many factors. First, have you entered into an agreement? Second, have you defaulted? What is the current status of the case? Did you complete discovery? Where is the case being heard. You can feel free to contact me for an initial consult if you want to talk specifics.
- Q. Alimony period is about to end, how do I calculate what the new child support amount will be? (Assuming it will go up)
- A: I agree with the above response in that you need to recalculate child support based on the new incomes of the parties or imputed income of the parties.
- Q. I want to file for divorce my spouse will not leave so I have to, am I responsible for taxes and insurance on our prope
- A: You have many options but I would not leave the house unless you are scared of your spouse etc. You can file for divorce in New Jersey and seek his contribution for the house and/or alimony. You have options.
- Q. Question about false restraining order from a girl I have known for only 2 weeks
- A: You need to hire an attorney and defend this case. An FRO is serious in many ways. You need to show that you have no intent of communicating with her ever again and show the surrounding circumstances so the Judge can understand what is going on.
- Q. I live in a house an rent a room with my son an husband, his dad is saying to get out everytime he gets mad or drunk,
- A: You would need to speak to an attorney about this and give better details so we can assess what is going on.
- Q. I'm in probation can I press charges to somebody that hurt me
- A: I would need more information but in short, if you are ever a victim, you can always press charges for what has been done to you.