Free Consultation: (303) 864-9797Tap to Call This Lawyer
Samuel Ventola

Samuel Ventola

Ventola Law
  • Employment Law, Personal Injury
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Sam Ventola has a wide variety of experience in litigation, legal education, and mediation. He has been an attorney on both sides in business litigation, employment disputes, probate litigation, and personal injury cases. In addition to being an attorney, he has been a mediator, hearing officer, labor relations professor, and lecturer on litigation, employment and First Amendment issues. His employers have included the Colorado Attorney General’s office, a large national law firm, a large Denver law firm, and the United States District Court in Colorado. Sam has 25 years experience in: General Litigation and Appeals Employment Religious Freedom/First Amendment Estate Planning and Probate Litigation Professional Ethics Mediation He has also achieved the rating of AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell. EDUCATION Juris Doctor, 1988 – University of Colorado, School of Law; Order of the Coif Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Philosophy, 1985, University of Colorado BARS AND COURTS Admitted to practice before: All Colorado state courts Federal District Court for the District of Colorado Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS Colorado Bar Association Denver Bar Association Denver Chamber of Commerce

Practice Areas
  • Employment Law
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
  • Dispute Resolution
  • Mediation
  • Litigation
  • First Amendment
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
10th Circuit
Federal Circuit
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
University of Colorado Law School
J.D. (1988) | Law
University of Colorado - Boulder
B.A. (1985) | Philosophy
Activities: Forensics Team
University of Colorado - Boulder
B.S. (1985) | Political Science
Activities: Forensics Team
Professional Associations
Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Better Business Bureau
- Current
Colorado Bar Association
- Current
Denver Bar Association
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Analysis on the Supreme Court ruling regarding the Hobby Lobby case on the Dan Caplis Show, Analysis on the Supreme Court ruling regarding the Hobby Lobby case on the Dan Caplis Show, The Dan Caplis Show
Law Office of Samuel Ventola
RFRA and the First Amendment Explained for Small Business Owners, RFRA and the First Amendment Explained for Small Business Owners, Webinar
Law Office of Samuel Ventola/Business in Blue Jeans
40 Hour Mediation Training
Mares-Dixon & Associates
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. Who's fault is it if a bicyclist is hit going against traffic on the sidewalk at high speeds crossing a enrtyway?
A: I sympathize with you because you wouldn't normally be looking for somebody coming against traffic and at a high rate of speed on the sidewalk. I'd say the bicyclist was at least part at fault, but that doesn't mean somebody couldn't conclude you were also at fault. I'm not expert on traffic tickets but I'd probably fight it. However, even if you are convicted or pay the ticket, it probably won't be admissible in any lawsuit by the bicyclist.
Q. My aunt died back in January and left me a substantial amount of money in her estate. How do I get the money?
A: It all depends on the language of your aunt's will. You should probably have an attorney review it and if you have rights to write a letter for you or submit a claim if necessary.
Q. Can I leave home at 16 without parents permission? I have a steady job and a child and aswell as a car.
A: No, not unless you become emancipated.
Q. If a sugar daddy begins only agreeing to pay if sexual acts are administered, can you sue?
A: This is actually a civil law issue, rather than criminal. You can only sue a "sugar daddy" for "payment" if you have an enforceable contract. The contract need not necessarily be in writing, but it might be difficult to prove that there was an oral contract like this. The contract also cannot be illegal. There would also have to be "consideration" for the alleged promise to pay - that is, the person would have to show that under the agreement they would give something legal or provide some legal service for the payment. Short answer: probably not.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
1775 Sherman Street
Suite 1650
Denver, CO 80203
Telephone: (303) 864-9797