Free Consultation: (214) 358-6060Tap to Call This Lawyer
S. Michael Graham

S. Michael Graham

  • Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Since 1997 S. Michael Graham's law office has been devoted to zealously representing and protecting the legal rights of injured workers throughout the State of Texas. Mr. Graham became board by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in the area of workers' compensation law in 2005. His office handles workers compensation cases from the administrative level all the way through trial by jury. Mr. Graham received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1987 and went on to receive his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1991. Mr. Graham is currently an active member of the Dallas Bar Association and the Texas Bar association.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
    My office will give you an initial free phone consultation to evaluate your claim and advise you of your legal rights.
  • Contingent Fees
    In claims involving negligence for personal injury, my office will not collect a fee up front. We will prosecute your claim and obtain a fee when the claim is settled or tried to a verdict.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    In workers' compensation claims, the lawyer's fee is paid out of the claimant's income benefits by the workers' compensation insurance. The attorney fee is not collected directly from the injured worker. Consult with attorney for more specific details on the fee arrangement.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
The Injured Workers' Lawyer since 1997!
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville
J.D. | Law
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville Logo
Professional Associations
Texas Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Dallas Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Board Certified Workers' Compensation
Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
149 Questions Answered

Q. What do I do when a MD turns in medical report of my Examination to TDI/WC but I was absent in this examination?
A: Most DWC 73s are turned in without the patient's signature. I would agree you should be physically examined in most cases. I would ask you to speak to your doctor. Workers' comp does have a formal process to file complaints that is on-line. It's called the division of compliance and practices. When an appointment is missed, the doctors might issue a DWC 73 to return to work full duty in some rare cases. If the DWC 73 has you returned to work and you are not able to return to work, you can set a BRC hearing with the Division.
Q. Please help Two years ago oct 6 2017 I was injured on a construction site in Oklahoma but employed with Texas company.
A: Workers' Compensation is an insurance plan. The employer pays an insurance company to insure its employees in case of injury. In exchange for purchasing this wc policy, the law states that employees can't sue their employer if the employer (or its employees) negligently injure another employee. Workers compensation is the exclusive remedy. You are entitled to receive an impairment rating which could provide additional income benefits. If you receive a 15% rating or greater even more income benefits might be possible. You should contact a local workers' comp lawyer to learn about your legal rights. Additionally, if you can prove that you are unable to return to substantial gainful employment, you may qualify for social security benefits.
Q. I was injured at my job but was still able to work. I changed jobs but my injury has gotten worse and need surgery.
A: If you had private insurance, you would have to get the surgery under your new insurance. If you had a claim through the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation, you can still receive medical treatment and disability no matter where you work. I would advise you to contact a workers' compensation attorney to help you navigate this legal maze.
Q. Can I still get medical help for back pain related to a back injury that was cause by an at work slip n fall n '06
A: If your claim is through the Texas Department of Insurance, you have lifetime medical for "reasonable and necessary" medical treatment. This means that it will have to meet ODG standards to get approved. Typically, you are allowed 12 visits of physical therapy for a sprain/strain. If you had surgery, you should be able to receive medication. If you just want to try to get more therapy sessions that will be very difficult to get approved. If it's not workers' comp, then you can use private health or self pay. Good Luck.
Q. Can workers comp doctor's make one use their own private insurance?
A: If the arthritis is due to the dog bite, then this would be workers' comp provided your employer carries workers' comp coverage for its employees. Most Carriers have networks in place which means you have to choose a network doctor. I would advise you to contact an work comp attorney to discuss the facts.
Q. why Have they drop my daughter
A: I believe you are asking if your employer can stop paying for your private health insurance premiums when you are not at work due to a work related injury. If this is the question, I believe your employer can stop paying for your health insurance until you return to work. You can continue to make the payments on your own. There is no legal requirement that an employer carry private health for you without a separate contract. If this does not answer your question, I would advise you to contact an attorney directly so they can get the specifics of your situation.
Q. I fractured my index finger and mangled my tendon on middle finger Do I get IR b4 therapy or After
A: I agree with Roy Warren's answer. Good Luck. If you have issues or additional questions, feel free to contact a workers' compensation attorney directly. Most will speak to you on the phone at no charge.
Q. I would like to know if I have a possible medical malpractice case.
A: If the Carrier is denying the tear to your knee and possible subsequent re-tear, my advice would be to contact a qualified workers' comp attorney. This matter will most likely need to go to the administrative hearing level to force the Carrier to accept your injury.
Q. Advise on workers comp case needing to go to district court.. ombudsmen didn't file a timely appeal..
A: If you didn't get the appeal from your decision and order filed on time, you would have a very difficult time filing in district court. Also, if you lost at the administrative level (CCH), there are almost no attorneys that would be willing to take your case in district court since we have no way to be reimbursed for our services. Good Luck.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
TX Board Certified Work Comp Attorney
8204 Elmbrook, Suite # 161
Dallas, TX 75247
Telephone: (214) 358-6060