Free Consultation: (301) 645-4100Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ryan Posey

Ryan Posey

Andrews, Bongar, Gormley & Clagett, P.A.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury...
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Experienced attorney with a concentration in criminal law, personal injury and workers compensation cases. Has litigated cases ranging from simple traffic misdemeanors to serious felonies. Has represented clients throughout Southern Maryland in Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties. Born and raised in Charles County, currently resides in hometown of La Plata, Maryland.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Andrews, Bongar, Gormley & Clagett, P.A.
- Current
Assistant Public Defender
Maryland Office of Public Defender
University of Baltimore School of Law
J.D. (2013) | Law
University of Baltimore School of Law Logo
Towson University
B.S. (2009) | Political Science
Towson University Logo
Professional Associations
Maryland State Bar Association # 201312190016
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Andrews, Bongar, Gormley & Clagett, P.A.
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. Can you say no to a field sobriety test?
A: Yes, you may always refuse to perform the field sobriety tests.
Q. Can you get a DUI for marijuana?
A: Yes.
Q. Do you have to do a breathalyzer test if a cop stops you?
A: No, you can always refuse the PBT. Just know that doing so will result in the suspension of your license. Talk to an attorney about ways to mitigate this with the MVA.
Q. Can you be convicted of a dui for just failing field sobriety test not urine blood or any other test? I
A: Could you be convicted? Yes, it is still possible. However the less evidence the State has the more difficult it is to convict you. What drugs were found would be of particular importance in your case. Also whether by "failed field sobriety" you mean the regular test or the DRE examination.
Q. If a police officer asks me to take a field sobriety test, what should I do? Do I really have a choice?
A: You always have a choice. A police officer cannot force you to take the field sobriety tests. However if you refuse to take a breath or blood test, that refusal may result in a suspension of your driver's license.
Q. Can a public defender stand in court in you place for a dui
A: No, a DUI is a must appear offense that requires you to be in court.
Q. Can a DUI conviction result in jail time, even if no one was injured?
A: Yes, a DUI conviction can always result in jail time - especially if you have had prior offenses.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Andrews, Bongar, Gormley & Clagett, P.A.
11705 Berry Road, Suite 202
Waldorf, MD 20603
Telephone: (301) 645-4100
Fax: (301) 843-2351