Ryan D Templeton

Ryan D Templeton

Lawyer in Summerville, SC
  • Family Law, Criminal Law, Personal Injury...
  • South Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ryan Templeton helps people that have been charged with crimes, people going through a divorce or child custody case, and people that have been injured.

He can help you navigate the legal minefield that you have found yourself in to get you the best possible result in your case. You will receive quality representation when you need it the most, in the areas of Family Law, Criminal Defense, and Personal Injury.

Ryan Templeton graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law, and began his legal career as a Law Clerk to Circuit Court Judge Diane S. Goodstein. Upon completing his clerkship he took a position as an Assistant Solicitor in Dorchester County.

After several years of serving as an Assistant Solicitor in Dorchester County, Ryan expanded his legal career representing individuals in Circuit, Family, and Magistrate Court. Ryan also serves as a part-time Magistrate Judge in Dorchester County.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees on personal injury cases only
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Carolina
South Carolina Bar
ID Number: 101877
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Part-Time Magistrate
Dorchester County
- Current
Templeton Mims & Ward
- Current
Assistant Solicitor
1st Circuit Solicitor's Office
- Current
Law Clerk
South Carolina Judicial Department
University of South Carolina School of Law
J.D. (2014) | Juris Doctorate
University of South Carolina School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
South Carolina Bar  # 101877
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Carolina Bar # 101877
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Top 3 Things To Do If You Are Being Arrested!
Speaking Engagements
South Carolina Circuit Court Judicial Law Clerk Seminar, 2016 South Carolina Judicial Confernence, Columbia, SC
South Carolina Judicial Department
Spoke to incoming Circuit Court Law Clerks about their new position as judicial Law Clerks
DOD Secret Clearance
Department of Defense
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
57 Questions Answered

Q. How do i get my husband's time served taken off his sentence
A: When a person goes to the department of corrections they will calculate the amount of time that person is entitled to. If you think that the time served has been calculated incorrectly you will need to get the supporting documentation from the county jails that he was housed in prior to sentencing and provide them to the department of corrections. If that does not work you will need to have a criminal attorney get involved.
Q. Is order of protection violations extraditable in sc
A: The answer depends on the amount of time that you are facing in the state you would be extradited to. If the punishment in that state is one year or more the State of South Carolina will extradite. See SC Code 17-9-10.
Q. Can a South Carolina judge give a suspended sentence to a defendant who Pleads GUILTY to Voluntary Manslaughter?
A: The penalty for voluntary manslaughter (16-3-50) in South Carolina is 2-30 years. The presumption under SC law is that a sentence may be suspended unless expressly states otherwise(16-1-30(B)). In the case of Voluntary Manslaughter it is within the sentencing judges discretion to suspend even the minimum portion of the sentence.
Q. Hi Im a 15 year old and I was wondering the steps I need to take to become emancipated when I turn 16
A: In order to become emancipated you must petition the family court. This can be a lengthy process if you do not have parental consent. One of the most important things that you will have to show the court is that you are able to provide for yourself and that you are mature enough live, work, and care for yourself on your own. More likely than not you will need to hire an attorney to assist you through this process.
Q. I have an open dss case in South Carolina I’ve completed treatment plan successfully
A: The best thing that you can do to make sure that your rights are being protected is to contact a family law attorney near you so that they can review your entire case.
Q. In SC can a husband press Petit larceny charges against wife for depositing a check made to him in her account
A: I believe that a petit larceny charge might be a stretch (marital property issues) but if the wife forged his signature that might be a better way to go forward.
Q. Re Opening Probate
A: Unfortunately unless there is a will stating that you may stay in the house the personal representative of the estate has the authority to force you to move out of the home and distribute it according to the will or statute if there is no will.
Q. My dad died and the house was left to the children. We went to put the house up for sale. Do all of us have to sign an
A: The personal representative of your fathers estate is the person has the authority to sell the house if it is still in probate. If it has been transferred to the children already it depends on what the deed says.
Q. Person on probation living in the house with firearms?
A: When a person is placed on probation one of the standard terms is that they can not around a weapon. Although it may not be unlawfully for the person on probation to own a weapon once they are off of probation it could be a violation of probation which could result in revocation of probation.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Templeton Mims & Ward
133 E. 1st North St.
Suite 4
Summerville, SC 29483
Telephone: (843) 285-5090