Free Consultation: (718) 221-2162Tap to Call This Lawyer
Roland Godfrey Ottley

Roland Godfrey Ottley

The Ottley Law Firm provides high quality legal services to all of our clients!
  • Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Immigration Law ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

The Ottley Law Firm, provides high quality legal services in all of our areas of concentration. Mr. Ottley is aggressive and passionate about the services that he provides. He regularly conducts research on the legal issues of his cases and always goes a bit extra to ensure that all issues are addressed to his satisfaction. Mr. Ottley listens to his clients and understands their situation and trys his best to address the case fully. He will file motions to obtain relief from the court and will appeal a court's decision when appropriate. We want our clients to feel like members of a team and so we keep them informed about their cases.

Practice Areas
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Consumer Law
    Lemon Law
    Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Area
  • Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
  • Free Consultation
    A consultation fee of $150 is required for certain areas of our practice.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4194304
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US Court of Federal Claims
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Physician Assistant
- Current
National physician Assistant Certification
The Ottley Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Villanova University School of Law
J.D. (1996)
- present
Villanova University School of Law Logo
St. John's University
B.S. (1989) | Physician Assistant Studies
St. John's University Logo
Professional Associations
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Council
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar  # 4194304
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
The Ottley Law Firm, PC
Legal Answers
21 Questions Answered
Q. My neighbor has no lease with renters in his home. One renter is now in jail. How long should he wait to empty the room?
A: Going in and emptying the room is not lawful. You should confirm that the tenant is in prison and then try to contact them to find out what they would and would not be able and willing to do to keep the place or whether they would surrender the premises. If no agreement can be reached, you may have to bring a case against them for either holdover or nonpayment, except for cases involving tenants who are the victims of domestic violence. The person can be served in the prison as well as their residence.
Q. Is it legal for my landlord to use a window (not open) to enter my home while we are away? He lost his key
A: It is not lawful for the landlord to enter into your apartment in the way that you have described. As a tenant, you have exclusive possession of the space that you are paying rent for. If the landlord would like to get access to your apartment, the landlord has to request reasonable days for access. In an emergency situation, the landlord does not have to obtain your consent to enter your premises.
Q. I paid first month rent and security deposit before i moved in. Can they use my security deposit for 2nd month?
A: No! The security deposit is your money that the landlord gets to hold in trust. The 2019 changes of the law would not allow the landlord to use your security deposit for rent without your consent. When you leave, the landlord must deduct the amount of damages and return the rest in 14 days. You cannot use the security deposit to satisfy the second month's rent without the consent of the landlord.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
New York, NY 11212
Telephone: (718) 221-2162
Monday: 12 PM - 6 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Thursday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Friday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed