Free Consultation: (808) 800-6500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robin R. Gregory

Robin R. Gregory

Rapid City, Black Hills, SD, Business Formation, LLC, Attorney Robin R Gregory
  • Business Law
  • Hawaii, South Dakota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Area
Business Law
Business Formation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Misdemeanors
  • Powers of Attorney; Medical Directives
  • Free Consultation
    I will discuss your case with you over the phone to discover whether my legal services will likely meet your legal needs.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I accept credit cards through a secure service, LawPay, that provides the confidentiality attorneys need for their clients.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
South Dakota
State Bar of South Dakota
ID Number: 4211
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
- Current
Attorney services now provided in the State of South Dakota.
Attorney Robin R Gregory, LLLC
- Current
I provide legal services to clients in the State of Hawai'i, in the areas of Estate Planning including Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney; Family Law including divorce, custody, paternity, guardianships; traffic citations, including DUI, etc; Other - please give me a call and let's discover if I can help you with your legal needs.
Attorney at Large, Professional LLC
I served South Dakota clients in numerous family law situations including divorce, custody, child support, protection orders (TRO), as well as in Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, medical directives, and special needs trusts. I also have appeared in traffic court and represented people in DUIs. I personally take care of the entire client-centered legal experience I provide, from initial consultation, research, drafting and filing of pleadings, discovery, negotiations, court appearances, litigation, through the final agreement, or findings of fact, conclusions of law, and order. I negotiate agreements and settlements where possible. I suggest a professional mediator before resorting to trial, especially where children are involved. Please give me a call and let's discover if I can meet your needs in the legal arena.
University of Montana School of Law
J.D. (2010) | Law
Activities: Student Animal Legal Defense Fund; Phi Delta Phi; Environmental Law Group;
University of Montana School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Probate and Estate Planning Section of HSBA
Member in good standing
- Current
Activities: Attend seminars, CLEs (continuing legal education) and meetings to stay updated on the latest laws and trends in the Probate and Estate planning field
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal District Court - Hawaii
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Hawai'i State Bar Association  # 10346
Member in good standing
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of South Dakota
Member in good standing
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Member in good standing
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered
Q. My 11 yr old son has lived w me for 3 yrs. his mom stil has custody. Can she just take him back for no reason
A: The order stating the mom has custody is valid and in force until the court issues a new order. It is likely the mom can take the child. You can file a motion/petition to change the custody.
Q. If the custodial parent doesn’t go in office to be served papers, what happens to case?
A: I need more information to answer your question. I can only assume you are the father and you filed a case with CSEA? Has paternity already been established? Are you on the birth certificate? Was there a prior order for child support?

I suggest you talk with an attorney who can ask you questions to fill-out the whole story and see the issues.

Once paternity is established, it is unlikely it will be un-established, except through DNA testing.

Here is a scenario that may or may not pertain to your situation: Paternity is established and father is ordered to pay child support. Father asks for a hearing on the matter (or objects, etc.) Mother does not cooperate (does not show-up at the hearing, etc.) One thing that could happen is Father would get the child support reduced because Mother is not there to support her claims. But that would depend on what happened prior and subsequent to the original order.

No, child support does not go away.

Good Luck to you.
... Read More
Q. if the other parent isn’t complying with court ordered visitation visits what can I do
A: I need more information to understand the answer you seek. I suggest you retain an attorney, give the whole story, and discuss your options. For example: If the other parent is not returning the child on time, you can file a motion to enforce a court order.

If the other parent is not visiting the child as much as allowed by the court, there is nothing you can do, as you cannot force a parent to visit the child. Further, the other parent's lack of participation in visitation does not give you the right to withhold the next visitation. If you want to modify the visitation you must file a motion with the court and the current visitation order stays in place unless and until modified by the court.

Good luck to you.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Attorney Robin R Gregory, PLLC
PO Box 1243
Rapid City, SD 57709
Telephone: (808) 800-6500
Fax: (866) 473-6905
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 4 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 4 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: I can make arrangements to meet you at a time and location convenient to you.