Free Consultation: (734) 662-1590Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Robert Keyes

Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
  • Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Free Consultation
    Up to an hour for all matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit cards accepted for non-bankruptcy matters. Debit cards accepted for all representations. Cards can be accepted over the phone.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Solo attorney
Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
- Current
Assistant City Attorney
City of Ann Arbor
Wayne State University Law School
J.D. (2005) | Law
Wayne State University Law School Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
M.S.E. (1976) | Computer, Information, & Control Engineering
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.S. (1967) | Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering
Honors: Tau Beta Pi
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar # 68856
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
52 Questions Answered

Q. If a husband and wife own a home with no mortgage,and the husband alone by himself applies for bankruptcy
A: Not enough information. What is the husband's income? What is the wife's income? Can he file a Ch. 13? Could save the house if so.
Q. Is this a pro bono law firm? And if so is there an income limit to get help filing bankruptcy?
A: No limit.
Q. What is the income limit to receive help from this office? For bankruptcy.
A: No limit.
Q. 100 percent net pay taken from bank account right after payday. What can I do?
A: Sounds like a prime candidate for a bankruptcy.
Q. I filed bankruptcy how long can I live in the home without making payments before being foreclosed upon
A: Also depends on how far behind you are in payments.
Q. How long do you have to wait to file bankruptcy again.
A: In addition to what Mr. Phillips said I would add the additional information that it depends whether you are seeking a discharge or whether for example you need to stop a foreclosure or get back a seized vehicle. In those examples you can file a Ch. 13 right away and get caught up on the past due payments (arrearages in bankruptcy speak). You would not get a discharge of other debts but you can keep your house or car if you can get caught up on the overdue payments.
Q. What types of property are you allowed to keep in Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
A: Keep your vehicle if you are current or can get current quickly. Same on your house. Keep thousands of dollars of other stuff.
Q. If I file bankruptcy paperwork in this state, will I be required to show up in court?
A: If you can file in Michigan you will have to appear at one meeting minimum with a bankruptcy trustee. There is no court appearance in most cases.
Q. Do you still have to pay secured creditors after filing for bankruptcy?
A: Yes , if you want to keep the vehicle or real estate.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Main Office
300 North Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Cell: (734) 662-1590
Fax: (734) 786-0707