Free Consultation: (207) 470-0230Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robert Guillory Esq

Robert Guillory Esq

member Maine State Bar Association
  • Divorce, Foreclosure Defense, Landlord Tenant...
  • Maine
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Over 35 years experience. General practice focusing on Divorce/Family Law, Mortgage Foreclosure Defense, Personal Injury, Landlord/Tenant and general civil and criminal litigation. Attorney Guillory is a lifelong resident of the Biddeford/Saco area. He also has many contacts and satisfied clients in the Lewiston/Auburn area. When not practicing law you can often find Bob on the golf course.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Personal Injury
  • Criminal Law
Additional Practice Area
  • mediation
  • Free Consultation
    most free consultations are over the phone and are usually around 30 minutes or more.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    contingent fees are used in personal injury cases such as auto accidents and are normally set at 33% of the amount collected plus expenses.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
member Maine State Bar Association
Cadres mediator
Maine Association of Mediators
York County Bar Association
University of Maine - University of Southern Maine
Mediation training 40 hour course
Placeholder image for education.
University of Maine - School of Law
J.D. (1980) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Colby College
B.A. | Government and American Studies
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Maine State Bar # 002259
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Maine Association of Mediators 2015
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
York County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Mediation training 40 hour course
University of Southern Maine
training in transformative mediation
The Opportunity Alliance
added to roster of mediators
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. My ex husband was fired from his job and has not paid alimony. We have 2 kids that live with me now and there is no
A: You should file a motion to modify and a motion to enforce. Both forms are available online at the maine judicial website under court forms or you can pick up the paper forms at any courthouse. You should do this immediately as the child support will only go as far back as when you serve your ex with the motion to modify primary residence and child support. You should consult a lawyer near you for some help.
Q. Can't find ex to have her served what can I do to get a divorce
A: You will have to file a motion for alternative service if you cannot find her. Do you have her email address, one that she responds to when you email her? if so you could ask the court to order that service by electronic mail be deemed ok. you will need an affidavit from the sheriff that he/she failed to find your wife after a diligent search. There may be other options as well such as service by publication, which is a little expensive
Q. DHHS became involved due to my bf's criminal record. He has nothing against children. My son is 11 has been with me all
A: you can file a motion to modify the order giving the father sole parental rights to change the contact provisions and primary residence etc. you will have to show something has changed since the order giving sole rights to dad. That would be your son's reaction to living with his dad. Of course if yoiu do this dhhs may become involved again.
Q. I am currently going through court for child support. Just looking for advice about parental rights.
A: If you are just going for child support you will have to present some information to the court as to what his income is and what your income is. they will also need to know cost of daycare if any, cost of insurance for the child/children only, and if there are any extraordinary medical expenses for the child. With all of that information the court will calculate what the child support will be. if you dont know how much he makes it would help if you at least knew what he does for work.
Q. I have a custody and child support agreement made 3 years ago in Massachusetts. Can I file for a child support increase?
A: The first thing you should do is consult with an attorney in Massachusetts. i dont know Massachusetts law but in Maine people cannot agree to modify child support on their own, it must be done by court order signed by a judge. if you have a court order that says the support drops if you move to Maine then that is what it is. if the court order does not say that then he probably owes you whatever the court order said. Either way you can move to modify the court order in Maine since you have been here for more than six months. You would need to first register the Mass order in Maine and then file a motion to modify. To register the judgment you will need to get a cerfified copy of the judgment from the court in Massachusetts and then apply to the court in the jurisdiction where you live to have it registered. Once you have consulted with a Mass lawyer you should then consult with a lawyer in Maine.
Q. What are my options if I'm taken to court for back child support after 11 years
A: she is not entitled to back child support for the second child. First she has to prove it is your child. if she wanted support she should have filed a petition for determination of parental rights to have you determined as the father.
Q. Can the court request documents on behalf of one of the parties of divorce without going back to court?
A: i would love to answer this question but it is really vague. i dont usually hear a court "requesting" any thing. Courts usuallly issue orders which are not requests. if you can explain in more detail what is happening then i might be able to give you a better answer.
Q. Can my Dad's astranged wife kick me out? Or take control of my dads estate?
A: First you need to see if he left a will. if so did he name a personal representative, if he did it was probably his wife unless he changed his will after filing for divorce. Second you need to check how the real estate was held ie joint tenants or tenants in common. If joint tenants as most people do then she owns the entire amount of the real estate and can evict you thorugh the court. If it was not joint tenants then you may be part owner and she may not be able to use the eviction process. you really need to gather up the paperwork and speak to a lawyer near you.
Q. I am paying a% alimony. The decree states that I pay until she remarries or is 67. I want to retire at 62she will be 60
A: It is hard to tell you exactly what your options are without seeing the divorce judgment but generally spousal support awards can be modified if there has been a substantial change of circumstances. if you elect to retire and that decision is reasonable, especially if you have health problems or have trouble doing the same job, then you can file a motion to modify the divorce judgment to either lower or eliminate the spousal support award. The court will look at your current income including the retirement you are collecting and your ability to continue to pay the award and will look at your ex wife's continuing need for the support considering her income and expenses.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Guillory Law Office
241 Main Street
P.O. Box 57
Saco, ME 04072
Telephone: (207) 470-0230