Robert Douglas Kane Jr

Robert Douglas Kane Jr

  • Business Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law...
  • California, Minnesota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Rob Kane's practice consists primarily of counseling and representing individual and business clients on matters involving general business law, government relations, employment law, and contracts. He has over seven years of experience practicing law. He works with established businesses as well as entrepreneurs and growing businesses to assist with their legal requirements. He prides himself on understanding your business needs and responding promptly, efficiently and effectively.

Rob can assist you right from the beginning, when you are deciding on a business form (corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or another business entity), as well as during business growth. He can negotiate your lease, review franchise agreements and other contracts for your new business. He will draft employment policies and handbooks to get your small business off to a good start.

Rob Kane has extensive experience advising employers in how to comply with the complex employment laws. He provides businesses with counsel on hiring and firing procedures, and drafting employment contracts. He can assist your company in preventing, investigating and resolving employee complaints. He will work with you to develop policies and strategies to ensure corporate compliance with state and federal employment laws.

Rob Kane also has experience in other areas of law, including criminal law, family law, and estate planning.
Rob Kane has represented business and individuals in Minnesota and California in both State and Federal courts. He is a graduate of Hamline School of Law and did his undergraduate work at the University of Wisconsin at River Falls. He regularly volunteers his time for the Eagan Lions Club and has also worked with other non-profits.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Employment Law
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Univ of Wisconsin
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Hamline Univ School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 242955
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
35 Questions Answered

Q. Does petty misdemeanor theft disqualify for employment with caribou coffee
A: I am not sure what Caribou's hiring policies are, but there is nothing prohibiting it from using it against the applicant.
Q. If one has committed a felony in one state, can another state grant a certificate of rehabilitation for that felony?
A: California courts are not going to have jurisdiction over what happened in the Oklahoma courts. I am not too familiar with Certs of Rehab, but if you were to obtain one in CA, it still would affect the OK case.
Q. My employer contacted my sons' schools to inquire about "before/after" school care. Is this legal? Case law related?
A: There is probably nothing illegal about your employer making the request. If the school released the information without your consent there may be a privacy issue. I am assuming your employer had some reason to request this information that is related to your job. If this is the case, your employer is probably entitled to this information, but they should probably get you to sign a release.
Q. Am I in violation of a no contact order in MN if my boyfriend (the protected party) calls me from jail and I answer?
A: Yes, you would be in violation of the order. No contact means no contact, regardless of who calls who.
Q. What kind of commission should I expect for becoming a supplement wholesaler, selling to retail stores with a new compan
A: This is not a legal question, but a business one.
Q. Do I need a lawyer for a 609.605 (1) (b) (4) statute. Treaspassing.
A: Hiring a qualified criminal defense attorney will ensure that the evidence is properly evaluated, and possible defenses are asserted, and all of the defendants rights are protected. In addition, an attorney will effectivly negotiate with the prosecution. The bottom line is that an attorney will ensure the best possible outcome for your husband. Attorney fees in this case should be fairly reasonable. As you aware probably aware, this offense carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and a $1,000. This is very unlikley, but without additional information it is impossible to determine what the outcome may be. You should not talk (or post) about the facts of the case with anyone besides your husband and an attorney. Your question basically states that he broke the law. Although you focus on the dog, that does not appear to be why he was charged. The charge really concerns whether or not he entered the dwelling.
Q. Who is the plaintiff on a motion to modify child support
A: Whoever was the plaintiff on the original child support order would remain the plaintiff on motion to modify.
Q. How do I switch my non profit status corporation from one state to another?
A: I am not entirely sure what your question means. If you are intending to operate in another state you will probably file as a foreign corporation. I doubt think have to switch anything. Check the Secretary of State's web page of the state where you are planning on operating.
Q. Can i still have my parental rights if i voluntarily let my son go stay with his father in another state?
A: No, you did not give up any rights by letting your son live with his father. You are, however, going to have to start a child custody and child support proceeding with the court where your son is residing. Obviously, you are going to have to find them.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Minnesota Office
1795 Carnelian Lane
Eagan, MN 55122
Telephone: (612) 701-7767
Telephone: (612) 701-7767
California Office
7340 East Skyline Drive
Orange, CA 92867
Telephone: (612) 701-7767