Welcome to RickBryan.com!
Welcome to the official website of Richard Bryan Attorney, PLLC. My office is conveniently located at 370 7th Avenue, which is one block South of Penn Station and Madison Square Garden on 7th Avenue (8th Floor).
My practice is limited to New York City, and my firm focuses on Estate Planning and Elder Law, as well as various matters which go along with those two areas of law. Estate Planning, for the most part, includes drafting Wills, various types of Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Burial Proxies, and many other documents that help someone protect their wealth, values and dignity, and pass their assets to their children and other heirs in an efficient and tax-effective manner at death. Probate and Administration of decedent's estates is a specialized area within the field of Estate Planning, and if someone in your family has died, I can provide efficient representation in all New York counties.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- New York
- New York University School of Law
- LL.M. (2000) | Taxation
- Master of Laws in Taxation; specialized study in federal income taxation of individuals and corporations; taxation of financial instruments and transactions; taxation of trusts and estates
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Magna cum laude; Top 10% of Law School class; Top of the Class in various subjects
- New York State Bar # 2732865
- - Current
- New York Probate and Elder Law Blog
- Rick Bryan's Advisors' Cafe
A testmentary trust is said to be "indestructible." Yet New York law nevertheless provides a mechanism for terminating a testamentary trust under the right set of circumstances.Rick Bryan dot com Introduction
Here's a brief introduction to my practice.Power of Attorney and Health Care Proxy in NY
In many states the "living will" is the document of choice as an individual's Advanced Directive. In New York, the legislature has provided the Health Care Proxy as the lawfully authorized Advanced Directive for New York residents.