Free Consultation: (502) 584-4323Tap to Call This Lawyer
Richard J. Head

Richard J. Head

Shelby County Kentucky Personal Injury
  • Personal Injury, Family Law, Divorce...
  • Kentucky
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am licensed in Federal Court, Eastern and Western Districts, The United States Sixth Circuit, And the United States Supreme Court. I have offices in Shelby County, Kentucky, and Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky. I practice Plaintiff's Personal Injury Law, but also represent two Fire Departments in Shelby County, Kentucky, both of which respond to wrecks on Interstate 64, or "I-64" in Kentucky. If you have been injured in a wreck involving a car, truck, or semi tractor trailer, give my office a call.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Free Consultation
    I provide free consultations on all matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Mastercard Visa Discover and American Express are accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal Injury fees are contingent, and calculated after deduction of costs incurred
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Evening and Weekend Hours are available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Simpsonville Rural Fire Protection District
- Current
I am Board Counsel for the District.
Shelby County Suburban Fire District
- Current
I am Board Counsel for the District.
Richard J. Head, PLLC
- Current
University of Louisville
University of Louisville Logo
Brescia University
B.A. (1980) | Psychology
Placeholder image for education.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
33 Questions Answered

Q. I was only married for 60 days
A: The time period is not dispositive of the issue of annulment. You probably will have to file for divorce, unless you meet the specific criteria set out in the annulment statute.
Q. I have been married for 20 years ,I make $115k yearly and she works and makes $37k- Do I have to pay maintenance
A: In most courts the answer would be yes, at least for a time. There is no chart for maintenance like there is for child support. The court will basically look at her ability to provide for her own needs, and your ability to do so as well.
Q. How do you amend an order of protection?
A: You file a request in the court where the order was entered. The judge will consider your request, but is not required to grant it.
Q. My wife left me after only about 2 months being married.Will it cost anything for us to be separated?
A: No, separation is free, but it will not result in a divorce unless you file in court, and that is not free.
Q. Can I move 250 miles away (Benton to Louisville) before I file for divorce?
A: Yes.the other party might file in Benton, and get the custody matters moved back there, but usually first to file is the jurisdiction where the case stays, as long as you moved your residence before filing.
Q. Do I need a lawyer.
A: Until there is a court order, either parent can keep the children, but as soon as you do, the other party will take the matter to court. The better practice is to file, and ask the court to enter temporary orders while the matter proceeds.
Q. If two parents intially press charges against their own child,do they have the right to drop thm an not b arrested
A: Once criminal charges are brought,only the state can drop them. The person who initially complained is the victim, and as such their wishes will be considered, but are not determinative of whether or not the charges will be dropped.
Q. I live in kentucky and have a neighbor who has put us through a lot of stress, and harasses us can she be sued?
A: Yes, but your problems with your neighbor may get worse while in court. Neighbor disputes are horrible, and usually continue until one of the parties moves away. They are also expensive, and seldom will be taken on a contingency fee by an attorney. The reason they are so bad is because you can't get away from them. Both parties are usually certain that they are in the right, and that the other party is wrong. In many instances both parties retaliate, believing they are justified because "the other party started it". In many situations, ignoring the problem and forgiving their infractions will resolve the disputed issues quicker than you could in court.
Q. Does remarriage to spouse void a property from 1st divorce. can I collect it? it was never paid to me.
A: Hire a lawyer and provide proof of the earlier agreement. He will probably argue the property is your non marital property in the second marriage.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Louisville Location
616 South 5th Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Telephone: (502) 584-4323
Cell: (502) 722-9413
Fax: (502) 589-3004
Shelbyville Location
204 Washington Street
Shelbyville , KY 40065
Telephone: (502) 722-9413
5583 Shelbyville Road
Simpsonville, KY 40067
Telephone: (502) 509-7325