Free Consultation: (973) 379-9292Tap to Call This Lawyer
Richard Diamond

Richard Diamond

Free Initial Divorce & Post Divorce Consultation
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Florida, New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Richard Diamond has been practicing Family Law Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration work in New Jersey for the past 34 years and is a Certified Family Law Trial Attorney by the N.J. Supreme Court; Accredited New Jersey Family Law Mediator, authorized by the NJ Supreme Court to handle family law mediation matters with an active domestic violence restraining order in place and a Family Law Arbitrator.
Mr Diamond is also a Family Law Economic Mediator in Union, Essex, Morris, Somerset, Middlesex and Monmouth Counties.
Mr Diamond is also a member of the Essex, Union and Somerset County's Family Law Early Settlement Panel Program (ESP); a member of Who's Who in American Law; listed in Best Lawyers in America and a recipient of the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for Family Law accomplishments.
Diamond & Diamond limits is practice to divorce, post divorce matters, child custody disputes, domestic violence representation, child support & alimony claims, business valuations in divorce, and prenuptial agreement drafting & review.
The firm also actively represents litigants in the NJ Family Court system in Somerset, Morris, Union, Essex, Middlesex, Passaic, Bergen, Monmouth, & Ocean Counties and regularly appears before the family part judges in each of those counties.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Additional Practice Area
  • Certified Attorneys
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
- Current
Seton Hall University School of Law
J.D. (1985) | Law
Seton Hall University School of Law Logo
Rutgers University - Newark
B.A. (1981) | Economics / Business Administration
Honors: Dual Degree
Rutgers University - Newark Logo
2019 Award for New Jersey Family Law Attorneys
Lawyers of Distinction
Lifetime Charter Member
Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America
10 Best Family Law Firms in New Jersey
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
N.J. Best Lawyers for Families
New Jersey Family Magazine
Certified Matrimonial Trial Lawyer by the NJ Supreme Court
NJ State Bar Association
Member of Who's Who in American Law 2000 - present
Who's Who in American Law
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar - Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Essex County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Somerset County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Union County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Handling Divorce Cases from Start to Finish, Continuing legal Education Seminar, NJ
National Business Institute
On an annual basis, Mr Diamond has participated in legal seminars as an author and lecturer on various family law topics involving Domestic Violence matters, Child Custody proceedings, Divorce, & Valuation of Businesses in Divorce matters
Accredited Family Law Economic Mediator with Domestic Violence Restraining Orders in Place
New Jersey State Bar
New Jersey Supreme Court
Accredited Family Law Mediator
New Jersey Superior Court System
Websites & Blogs
Firm's Facebook Page
Instagram page
Legal Answers
156 Questions Answered
Q. Does a emergency custody order need to be signed by a judge
A: Yes, a judge's signature (whether actual or electronic) is necessary. You should be able to get it directly from the Court or the other party's attorney. And you should demand to see it. Best of luck to you.
Q. I have not seen my 4 year old son in 8 weeks.
A: The police won't enforce a *court* custody order, much less your say-so over who is supposed to have physical custody of your son. Cops aren't in the business of using kids as a rope in a game of tug-of-war between warring parents, and they'll refer you to the court once they make sure everyone's safe. Biological father's name on the birth certificate is presumptive evidence that he's the father, and any attack on that would have to occur in the courts. It sounds like you're going to need to file an emergency custody complaint in your county's Court of Common Pleas to get any relief here. If you're having trouble finding an attorney in Lackawanna County, contact that county's bar association's lawyer referral service at 570-969-9600. Best of luck to you.
Q. Ex's new gf has a DUI & open drug possession/paraphernalia charges. Can I modify custody to protect daughter?
A: You can file a petition to modify the terms of your custody order *anytime,* and the court will assess any change in circumstances as it relates to the best interests of your daughter. A past DUI on Dad's new girlfriend's record may have little relevance to custody proceedings, esp. if it's not recent and/or she's never driving your daughter -- but could be very relevance if new girlfriend is doing any transportation of your daughter. Drug charges may be of much more interest to a court, however, esp. if narcotics or opiates. Belligerent chaos/fighting around your daughter is never good, and certainly not if distracting from safe driving -- and active drinking of alcohol in the car isn't good either. New girlfriend badmouthing you around your daughter is a no-go as well. Sounds like filing a petition to nip all of this troubling behavior in the bud might not be a bad idea. Best of luck to you.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Diamond & Diamond P.A.
225 Millburn Avenue
Suite 208
Millburn, NJ 07041
Telephone: (973) 379-9292
Fax: (973) 379-9210
Monday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Free Initial Divorce & Post Divorce Consultation