Free Consultation: (309) 797-8000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ray Choudhry

Ray Choudhry

Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
  • Probate, Divorce, Family Law...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ray recieved his J.D. at Northwestern University in 1974 and M.B.A. at Northwestern University in 1972 with a B.A. at California State, L.A. in 1968. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Rock Island County Bar Association.

Former Public Administrator of Rock Island County

Former Public Guardian of Rock Island County

HUD Foreclosure Commissioner

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Bankruptcy
  • Social Security Disability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • Elder Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Board Republican Minority Caucus
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Republican Central Committee
- Current
Foreclosure Commissioner
- Current
Rock Island County Public Administrator
Rock Island County, Illinois
Rock Island County Public Guardian
Rock Island County, Illinois
Northwestern University School of Law
Northwestern University School of Law Logo
Northwestern University
Northwestern University Logo
California State University - Los Angeles
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Rock Island County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois State Bar Association
Member, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Legal Clinic Associaition
Activities: This Association was the genesis for the many changes that have occurred in the way law is practiced. It existed between 1976-1988. The first President was Van O'Steen of Bates & O'Steen v. State Bar of Arizona. This case held that business speech was protected and bar associations could not prevent lawyer advertising.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
9.2 Superb
AVVO Rating
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
927 Questions Answered

Q. How do I change my first name in Illinois? Do I need an attorney to do this?
A: File Petition with Court. Run newspaper notice. Appear in court to have judge approve name change.
Q. mother being charged first time with child endangerment. DCFS pulled child from home. What's the sentencing typically?
A: DCFS doesn't do criminal. The father needs to go to court to get the parenting plan changed to give him primary care. If he has child, he can go to court to stop child support.
Q. Does my mother have any rights to the house she lives in thats part owned by her late husband of ovr 10 yrs of marriage?
A: If the house was in joint tenancy with sister and son, then it belongs to them.
Q. I, who is the plaintiff, has a monetary judgement against the defendant whom I evicted as a tenant.
A: If the Judgment gave her a payment plan and she does not comply with it, you file a Rule to Show Cause why she shouldn't be held in contempt for failure to comply. This gets more attention. Let alone under the table, sometimes people don't even earn enough to be able to garnish anything.
Q. I live in Illinois does the new income share model take into account other children from a different relationship?
A: The calculator for child support and the Financial Affidavit are for different purposes. The Financial Affidavit is not only to see income and expenses but also to determine division of assets and liabilities.
Q. My father recently bought a house without the seller having the title in his name. Is this a legal sale?
A: Was he transferring his rights such as from an estate or some contract he had with the owner. You need to find out who owns the house. Check with the Recorder of Deeds.
Q. What’s a reasonable custody agreement if one parent wants to move out of state
A: Every case is different. There has to be give and take. Far better to work it out than to take a chance in court. Sample Parenting Plan: Click Parenting Plan on the page:
Q. How do I respond to a petition for cause? How do I defend my majority parent appointment?
A: If your daughter has been going to school where your are for the past year and the father went along with it, the court may very well find that there was an agreement of the parties to modify the parenting plan. Why not come up with a new parenting plan that works for both of you. Click on the parenting plan on this page to download a sample:
Q. Is a agreement for custody at a lawyers office legal? They said it never got in to the judge and there is only one copy
A: Custody matters have to be approved by the judge. Until the judge reviews and approves a custody agreement, there is nothing binding.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
1515 5th Ave #430
Moline, IL 61265
Telephone: (309) 797-8000