Free Consultation: (310) 391-2400Tap to Call This Lawyer
Peter Maurice Lively

Peter Maurice Lively

Law Office of Peter M Lively
  • Bankruptcy, Business Law, Real Estate Law
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Law office of Peter M lively helps individuals and businesses resolve financial problems particularly settling debts in obtaining debt relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code as debt relief agents 25 years experience in over 5000 satisfied clients. Mr. Lively obtained his JD MBA from UCLA in 1982 and was inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy in 2014. Mr. Lively served as President of the Central District of California Consumer Debtors Attorneys Association (cdcbaa) in 2017 after serving on the Board of Directors for the prior 10 years. Mr. Lively regularly lectures to other attorneys for their continuing legal education credits in the areas of consumer and small business bankruptcies, Chapter 7, 11 and 13.

Practice Areas
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Free Consultation
    Initial telephone consultations (15 minutes)
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Peter M Lively
- Current
University of California - Los Angeles
Law Degree (1992)
University of California - Los Angeles Logo
University of California - Los Angeles
MBA (1992)
University of California - Los Angeles Logo
Carnegie Mellon University
B.S. (1988) | Management & Economics
Honors: High Honors
Carnegie Mellon University Logo
Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
Public Counsel
Professional Associations
central district consumer bankruptcy attorneys association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American College of Bankruptcy
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 162686
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Inside the Minds: Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies
West Publishing
Speaking Engagements
Chapter 13 Plan Confirmation, Bankruptcy Judges' Conference, Indian Wells, California
Official Recognition
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
39 Questions Answered
Q. We are thinking of filing bankruptcy, one lawyer wanted to charge $4k, how can I find a more affordable option to file?
A: Shop around. There are many competitive prices available from qualified attorneys who offer free consultations.
Q. Do I need a bankruptcy lawyer
A: I agree that a police report is often the best course of action to demonstrate to the creditor(s) that you are not conspiring with the person who accessed your credit. Your decision how to proceed may depend on who stole your identity. It isn’t unusual for a relative or significant other of the victim to perpetrate identity theft to access credit. In these instances the victims of identity theft often seeks counsel from an attorney to determine all options to resolve the credit card debt, including those that don’t cause the perpetrator to face potential criminal charges.
Q. I’m married & live in southern california & was planing to file chapter 13 separate from my husband, but now its a mess!
A: You haven't provided any facts that suggest there is a need to file within the next 90 days. Best to get a free consultation to determine your potential eligibility for chapter 7 and the best timing for the filing of your case. Most attorneys offer a free limited telephone consultation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
11268 Washington Blvd Ste 203
Culver City, CA 90230
Telephone: (310) 391-2400