My practice primarily involves representing corporate and consumer debtors in both bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy workouts. I've assisted my business clients with organizing their businesses, drafting and negotiating contracts, collection and other matters. I also do some estate planning for individuals and families. When not practicing law, I enjoy spending time with my family and learning about Kentucky's rich history. I am active with various non-profit organizations and serve on the boards of both my church and the Blue Grass Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky College of Law
- J.D. (2009)
- Honors: Medal of Excellence - American Bankruptcy Institute Bankruptcy Excellence for the Future Award - CALI Best Appellant Brief - Harlan Writing Club
- Activities: Conrad B. Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) Program Volunteer Law School Honor Council Phi Alpha Delta, Clay Chapter Vice Justice Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program University of Kentucky Tobacco-Free Campus Initiative Task Force (Facilities & Boundaries Subcommittee Member)
- University of Kentucky
- B.S. (2006) | Accounting
- Christianos Distinguished Alumni Award
- Lexington Christian Academy
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is given for a life that typifies a commitment to Christ in every area of their lives and someone who has made contributions to their church, their community, or their profession.
- Lucy Graves Advocacy Award
- The Blue Grass Trust for Historic Preservation
- Award was given for advocacy leadership in supporting the historic preservation movement in Central Kentucky through blog, kaintuckeean.com.
- BV® Distinguished™ Mark (Peer Review)
- Martindale Hubbell
- BV® Distinguished™ (3.0 - 4.4) - The BV® certification mark is an excellent rating for a lawyer with some experience. A widely respected mark of achievement, it differentiates a lawyer from his or her competition
- Preeminent Client Review Rating (5.0 out of 5.0)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Client Review is a ratings service that allows clients to view and provide feedback on a lawyer or law firm on service and relationship qualities such as Communication Ability, Responsiveness, Quality of Service, and Value for Money. Rating as of January 17, 2014.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Lost Lexington
- The History Press
- Brackney Law Office, PLLC
- Brackney Law Blog
- My Tenant Died; Now What?
19 May 2019
- The Probate Estate Bank Account
16 March 2019
- Dispensing with Administration of Probate in Kentucky
20 February 2019
- What to Expect at Your Bankruptcy Meeting of Creditors
19 February 2019
- What Happens After Bankruptcy?
18 January 2019
- How to Draft an Answer to a Debt Collection Lawsuit in Kentucky
13 September 2018
- Kentucky's Inheritance Tax
1 August 2018
- Why We Don't Offer Free Consultations
29 June 2018
- 4 Common Estate Planning Mistakes
25 January 2018