Free Consultation: (801) 678-3441Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul Waldron

Paul Waldron

Gravis Law | Law: Uncomplicated
  • Divorce, Estate Planning, Family Law ...
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

For more than 25 years, Paul Waldron has been helping families protect the things that are most important to them. Let us help you. Call or e-mail us and tell us about your case. In all legal matters, our goal is to help clients understand their options so that clients can make informed decisions in order to protect themselves and to retain or regain balance in their lives. Paul has sought out broad life experience in order to be the most effective solution-finder for clients. Therefore, we are pleased to talk to any person about their case and, if we cannot help them, refer that person to an attorney or service that can help you solve your problem. Our primary interests and experience in law focus on helping families and individuals. In these areas, we have served as attorney, counselor, mediator, guardian ad litem, special master, mediation advisor, legal coach, and parent’s counsel. Call or e-mail us today. Hablamos español.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Juvenile Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Guardianship
  • Conservatorship
  • Free Consultation
    I give a free telephone consultation in family law matters, and a free in-office consultation for estate planning matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment plans available Flat Fee available Unbundled Services available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Senior Attorney
Gravis Law
- Current
Paul Waldron, P.C.
United States Army War College
M.S. (2022) | Masters of Strategic Studies
Placeholder image for education.
Brigham Young University
J.D. (1996)
Brigham Young University Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. | American Studies, Philosophy, Analytical Thinking
Brigham Young University Logo
Meritorious Service Medal
United State Army
Meritorious Service Award
United States Army, Utah National Guard
25 years' service in the Utah Army National Guard.
United States Army Command and General Staff College
Professional Army Education
Meritorious Service Medal
United State Army
For service in Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar  # 07660
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central Utah Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central Utah Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Gravis Law | Law : Uncomplicated
How to Use a Lawyer
Legal Answers
43 Questions Answered
Q. Am I entitled to a portion of my wife's house even though it's in her and her mom's name
A: As always, it depends. What was the arrangement between your wife and her mother in the purchase of the home, did your wife use premarital money to make payments towards the home (taxes, maintenance, mortgage, etc.) during the marriage, or did you have a premarital or postmarital agreement between you and your wife that excluded you from obtaining any interest in the home?

In Utah, if your wife was making principal payments from her active income earned during the marriage (marital property/earnings), not passive income from premarital assets, this could mean you have an interest in the home. You would have to calculate how much marital money was spent on the home and what the increase in the value of the home from any such expenditures from those marital earnings was during the marriage. You would be entitled to one-half of the increase of the value of the home attributable to payments made from your wife's marital earnings. ... Read More
Q. In Utah are you required to turn over financials in a grandparent visitation case?
A: Short answers, based on the following, applicable rule, are sort of, maybe, and yes, unless you seek a discovery protective order (which will cost even more money and may not be granted).

This is from Rule 26.1, Utah Rules of Civil Procedure

(2) In cases where assets are not at issue, such as paternity, modification, and grandparents’ rights, a party must only serve:

(A) the party’s last three current paystubs and the previous year tax return;

(B) six months of bank and profit and loss statements if the party is self-employed; and

(C) proof of any other assets or income relevant to the determination of a child support award.

The court may require the parties to complete a full Financial Declaration for purposes of determining an attorney fee award or for any other reason. Any party may by motion or through the discovery process also request completion of a full Financial Declaration.
... Read More
Q. Can I get emancipated from a family that's abusive without legal consent from my parents? I'm 16
A: The quick answer: you are on your way. You usually have to complete your high school education and show that you have provided for yourself and can continue to provide for yourself for at least 6 months before you can be emancipated.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Gravis Law, PLLC
1345 W 1600 N
Suite 201
Orem, UT 84057
Telephone: (801) 678-3441
Fax: (866) 419-9269
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Evening and weekends by appointment for estate planning matters.