Free Consultation: (410) 324-2000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul D'Amore

Paul D'Amore

D'Amore Personal Injury Law, LLC
  • Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury
  • District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

After a decade of successful practice, Paul decided he would rather help real people instead of the rich hospitals and insurance companies that once retained him. He resigned his partnership at a prestigious defense firm, and began working as a personal injury lawyer serving injured people in their fight for justice against the very hospitals, corporations and insurance companies that once retained him. Since then, Paul has obtained tens of millions of dollars in compensation for his injured clients and their families. The results that Paul has achieved for his injured clients have earned him recognition as a Super Lawyer, a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and Life Membership in the Million Dollar and Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forums.

Practice Areas
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
  • Birth Injury
  • Brain Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Courts of Maryland
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Courts of Massachusetts
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Courts of New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Courts of the District of Columbia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Member, Attorney
D'Amore Personal Injury Law, LLC
- Current
Wais, Vogelstein, Forman & Offutt, LLC
The Cochran Firm
Wharton Levin Ehrmantraut & Klein Pa
Wharton Levin Ehrmantraut & Klein Pa
Northeastern University School of Law
J.D. (1997)
Placeholder image for education.
Boston University Graduate School of Management
B.S. (1992) | Business Finance
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Claim?
Websites & Blogs
D'Amore Personal Injury Blog
Legal Answers
27 Questions Answered

Q. Is there a statute of limitations for filing a medical malpractice claim on behalf of a minor?
A: Minors generally have until they reach the age of 18 before they are held responsible for knowledge of a claim. Therefore, the SOL usually runs three years after that. However, there are many variables that can impact these generalities. Your best bet is to contact an experienced medical negligence attorney and discuss the case in detail.
Q. If my seventeen year old son ran a stoplight and hit a pedestrian, can they sue me as his parent for medical expenses,
A: I am sorry to hear this happened. The short answer is yes, you can be sued. Whether your car insurance company covers the claim will come down to the policy language and how it's applied to the facts regarding your son's obtaining the keys to the car, his past history, if any, of unlawful or reckless behavior, and the circumstance of his use of the car in this specific instance.
Q. I had a different medical outcome than my doctor said I would. Is this malpractice?
A: An unintended medical outcome is potential medical malpractice case. However, no one, not even a lawyer, can answer this question for you without a careful review of the facts and medical records relevant to your claim. For more information on whether you have a case, please visit:
Q. HI, Does the statute of limitations regarding auto accidents apply to the state in which the accident occurred?
A: In almost all cases, the statute of limitations that applies is that of the state where the accident occurred.
Q. A driver side-swiped me and I'm trying to get him to pay my medical bills but he's claiming it wasn't his fault because
A: Short answer- No, you do not have to sue the tire company. Long answer is a bit more complicated. Your first action should be to consult an attorney. The attorney's first action should be to try to obtain adequate compensation from the other driver for you. Then you are done. This could be easy, cheap and fast. Suing product manufacturers is expensive, time consuming, and slow. You should only consider it if you can't get enough money from the other driver (because he has too little or no insurance) or if there truly evidence of tire defect as the cause the accident. Even then, it's better to just sue the other driver and let him add the tire company as part of his defense. Then his legal team has to spend the time, effort and money it will take to prove a defective products case. Again - these things are never simple. Your best best bet is to contact a lawyer. Good luck.
Q. Do plaintiff or the defendants pay the plaintiff lawyer's fee?
A: In Maryland medical malpractice cases where no settlement is reached, each side is responsible for its own legal fees. However, term "settlement" has a very specific meaning that is relevant to your question. A settlement is when the sides agree on an amount that will be paid, along with the terms and conditions of that payment. This agreement can be reached before, during or even after a trial. As part of the agreement, you can request that the defense pay your legal fees. However, most often, the plaintiff will decide how much money he/she would like to net from the settlement. Using this number, your attorney can calculate how much the defendant must agree to pay in order for you to net your desired amount after fees, costs and liens are deducted.
Q. Can a lawyer sue for more than what was on the demand letter(that didn't settled)?
A: Yes. Informal settlement negotiations are not binding. Therefore, you are not limited to your last demand once the case goes into suit.
Q. If my brother was hurt in an accident can I sue on his behalf?
A: You could only sue on your brother's behalf if you have been appointed as his legal guardian. If he is incapacitated from the injuries he sustained, you can be appointed his guardian. However, this requires a legal process that would be best handled by an experienced attorney.
Q. If a nurse gives you the wrong dose can you sue for malpractice?
A: The short answer is, yes. However, you would need to show that you suffered some sort of harm from the wrong dose of the medication. Most people who receive the wrong amount of medication suffer little or no harm. The body either clears the extra medication with little consequence, or the next dose is increased to make up for the difference (in cases of too little being given). If you believe you suffered significant harm from this event, your best course of action is to contact an experienced medical negligence attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Baltimore Office
111 South Calvert Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Telephone: (410) 324-2000
Annapolis Office
888 Bestgate Rd
Annapolis, MD 21401
Telephone: (410) 324-2000
Washington D.C. Office
1200 G Street NW
8th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
Telephone: (202) 434-8753