As a former Prosecutor and seasoned Criminal Defense Lawyer, Patrick Fragel has in-depth knowledge of Michigan law and courtroom procedure. Patrick Fragel has achieved a "distinguished" rating for ethical practices and legal knowledge from the Martindale-Hubbell independent lawyer rating service.
He has recently obtained a "not guilty" verdict in a life offense case, and succeeded in having incriminating statements suppressed due to a lack of Miranda warnings. He has successfully defended 100's of criminal cases.
His firm has helped thousands of clients over the past 20 years. Choosing a lawyer is an important decision since it involves your home, business or personal freedoms. That being said, you need a lawyer who will give your case personal attention. Patrick Fragel, and his staff personally assist you throughout the legal process. We believe every case is unique, and is treated as such. You are entitled to professional representation in Court, and Patrick Fragel can provide it.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- White Collar Crime
- Traffic Tickets
- Domestic Violence
- Credit Cards Accepted
All Major Credit Cards
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Reasonable payment plans provided.
- English: Spoken, Written
- United States Army
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. | General Law
- Honors: Yes (2)
- Northern Michigan University
- M.A. | Public Administration
- Honors: Yes
- Michigan State University
- B.A. | General Business
- Very High Rating
- American Jurisprudence Award in Negotiable Instruments
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- - Current
- Activities: Advanced Evidence Seminar, Trial College Graduate
- State Appellate Defenders Office
- - Current
- Activities: Member
- State Bar of Michigan
- - Current
- Trial College Graduate
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM)
- Q. Can a judge order a polygragh test and when the defendant passes the test, not use the results in the case?
- A: MCL 776.21 provides that a defendant charged with criminal sexual conduct shall be given a polygraph exam if he requests one. This law does not automatically allow the defendant to use the results at trial. A Judge will usually refuse to allow the passing results into trial, anymore than he will allow the failing results into evidence at the jury trial.
- Q. Can a foreclosure commence by advertisement if the original lender never recorded an assignment of mortgage?
- A: The Michigan Foreclosure by Advertisement statute requires that the mortgagee be the record holder of the mortgage. This is done by recording the assignment with the Register of Deeds. If that is not done, the the foreclosure sale might be set aside.