Ora Schwartzberg

Ora Schwartzberg

Schwartzberg Law is Expanding….. Attorney Ora Schwartzberg, with her 35 years
  • Family Law, Divorce, Estate Planning
  • New Hampshire, New York, Vermont
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Ora Schwartzberg has been practicing law since 1985 and has also been a mediation practitioner for over fifteen years. She is a graduate of Vermont Law School. Prior to that, she received a Master's Degree in counseling from SUNY, Plattsburgh (New York), and an undergraduate degree in education from Temple University in Philadelphia. She has had careers as an inner-city high school teacher (English) and as a counselor prior to attending law school. Attorney Schwartzberg practiced law in Saranac Lake and Lake Placid, New York, until 2001 when she passed the New Hampshire Bar and relocated to New Hampshire.

Although a large part of her practice involves divorce mediation, Attorney Schwartzberg also prepares wills and trust as part of the firm's legacy practice.

She is an active member of the New Hampshire Bar Association, serving as the President of the Grafton County Bar Association for two years, Chair of Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association, and a member of the New Hampshire Bar Legislative Committee. She is also a member of the American Bar Association.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Additional Practice Areas
  • Mediation
  • Collaborative Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees for wills trusts and estate planning
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Hampshire
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Owner, Attorney
Schwartzberg Law
- Current
Vermont Law School
J.D. (1984)
Vermont Law School Logo
Professional Associations
New Hampshire Bar Association  # 14931
Board of Governors (elected to two 2 year terms)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alternative Dispute Resoultion Section of NH Bar
Chair: 4 one year terms
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Grafton County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Divorce Mediation from the Inside Out, A Mindful Way to Divorce
Obstacles to Reaching a Settlement in Divorce Mediation
Ezine Articles
Why Divorce Mediation Costs Less
Ezine Articles
Speaking Engagements
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Annual Dispute Resolution Meeting
Mediation & Collaborative Law, Family Law Talk Radio
NH Certified Family Mediator
State of New Hampshire
Certified Financial Litigator
American Academy of Financial Litigators
Certified Collaborative Law Attorney
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
Websites & Blogs
Schwartzberg' Law Website
Ora Schwartzberg's Website Profile
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. My husband and I want a divorce but want to refinance the house, I get the equity and he gets the house.
A: The best way is for the two of you to meet with an attorney mediator who will help you identify and resolve all the financial issues at one time. Once you reach an agreement you can decide when you would like to refinance. You can then file your agreement with the Court along with a joint petition for divorce and never have to appear in person in front of a judge.
Q. Married in NH and about to file for divorce. Husband is expecting a large payout settlement from state of MA as well
A: Yes you will get a portion of the value if the divorce action is brought in NH. You should speak with an attorney so that you can explain exactly where your husband is in the process. Also you should bring any written documentation regarding the pension negotiations and disability.

Do you live in NH? If not you will have to file in MA and you should get a MA attorney to advise you. Regardless you should meet with an attorney for an hour to determine when is the best time to file.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Schwartzberg Law
572 Tenney Mountain Hwy
Plymouth, NH 03264
Telephone: (603) 536-2700