Free Consultation: (631) 271-7043Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nina Mironenko

Nina Mironenko

Knowledgeable, dedicated divorce attorney
  • Divorce, Family Law, Real Estate Law
  • New York, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I represent clients in all types of family law matters, including, but not limited to, prenuptial agreements, divorces, child custody, child support, enforcement and modifications of child support and child custody.
I write very detailed pre and post nuptial agreements which help couples delineate their separate and marital property and allow them to enter into or continue their marriage with agreed upon structure and expectations.
Whether in Family Court or within a Supreme Court divorce action, I have experience in difficult custody cases, whether my client is establishing custody for the first time, or modifying a previous agreement or court determination.
I have experience and very good strategies for divorces which may involve difficult separate property issues, hidden assets and other complex financial and distribution issues.
I will give you straight answers and practical advice based on my knowledge of the law and experience. Situations are not often clear cut and I am skilled in fashioning creative solutions for difficult situations. Whether your case demands aggressive litigation or creative settlement efforts, I always focus on helping you and your family achieve the results you desire in a respectful, dignified and cost-effective manner.
Divorce does not have to be a long, drawn-out process, draining you emotionally and financially. I do not have the expensive overhead of a large firm and I pledge that I will always use the most expedient, practical and the most cost-effective ways to resolve each issue and your entire case. I will keep you apprised of all developments in your case and strive to return all calls and emails within 24 hours. Please contact my office to schedule a complimentary introductory consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Wesleyan University
B.A. | History major
Placeholder image for education.
Fordham University School of Law
Fordham University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
New York State Bar # 2282929
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
85 Questions Answered

Q. How can I become an emancipated minor in the State of New York if I face mental, emotional, And physical abuse?
A: File a petition in family court to be emancipated. There should be a help center in the county family court.
Q. Can you be verbally released from a part of a divorce decree?
A: No, any amendments to a Divorce Agreement or decree has to be in writing with your signatures notirized.
Q. What do I do when my lawyer passed away right before divorce trial?
A: Fax a letter to the Court - if need be the administrative judge and and also contact your local county bar association.
Q. This is a child support question: I live in New York, my son's father recently married and moved to Pennsylvania.
A: You need to file a petition for child support in Family Court. The court will impute an income to him - meaning that he will be determined to be capable of earning a certain amount of money and the child support award will be based on that imputed income. His wife's income is considered as supporting him, and in certain cases the support he receives from his wife is considered into his ability to pay child support for your child.
Q. Do I need legal representation to recover my entitled amount of my ex husbands retirement?
A: If you are already divorced, you need to have included your right to your husband's pension/retirement benefits in your settlement agreement, or if you had a trial - the right to those benefits in the decision and order. If you did in either case, then you most likely need a Qualified Domestic Relations Order ("QDRO"), and yes, you most likely need an attorney's help in having a QDRO prepared and filed.
Q. Is "Request for Judicial Intervention" mandatory in an uncontested divorce in Manhattan, NY?
A: An RJI does need to be filed. You normally do not need to wait from the beginning of the line again once you file any missing documents.
Q. I filed an uncontested divorce in Feb 2019. Need the divorce decree for my (immigration) green card extension in Nov.
A: The Judgment of Divorce should have been signed already. First go to the Clerk of the Supreme Court and have them look it up. You can then go to the County Clerk and get a certified copy of the Judgment.
Q. My husband is currently paying child support in full for 3 children. The youngest child is now living with us.
A: Child support for 2 children is 25% of gross - less FICA taxes (you only deduct FICA taxes from the gross). You need to file a petition for child support and modification of child support. If her investments give her an income, or if she draws on the principal, the court should consider that income, or at the very least, impute an income to her.
Q. My son wants to live with his father.He owes 15,000 in child support. Will I pay child support or have it deducted?
A: You should file a petition for arrears, if you haven't already done so, and should receive a credit for any child support you may be ordered to pay.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
191 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743
Telephone: (631) 271-7043