Free Consultation: (727) 286-6141Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nicholas J. Dorsten

Nicholas J. Dorsten

  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • District of Columbia, Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial MediaResponsive Law
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Juvenile Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Traffic Tickets
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Middle District Court of Florida
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
- Current
Mccue, Reams and Associates
Assistant State Attorney
Pinellas County Office of the State Attorney
Assistant prosecutor and lead trial attorney. Tried over 60 jury trials both felony and misdemeanor. Cases ranged from DUI to domestic battery to murder.
The University of Toledo College of Law
J.D. (2001)
Honors: Cum Laude
The University of Toledo College of Law Logo
Kent State University
B.A. (1997)
Kent State University Logo
Outstanding Service as an Assistant State Attorney
State Attorney's Office
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers.
Top One Percent of Attorneys
National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Professional Associations
Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
St. Petersburg Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
District of Columbia Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar # 620440
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Drug Charges- Questions Asked and Answered
What Florida dog owners should know about their homeowner's insurance
LMC Newsletter
Speaking Engagements
Criminal Law Lecture-Defense Perspective, People's Law School
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. I must appeal my criminal case ASAP. Whats my very first step, pre-attorney?
A: You need to put in a notice of appeal as soon as possible. There is a very limited amount of time to do so. In addition to the notice of appeal, there are multiple other motions/orders you may need to file with the state including court reporter designations, motions for costs, etc. Appeals are very complicated, research intensive and time consuming. I seriously recommend you hire an appeal lawyer near you. Good luck
Q. I asked a question 2 days ago and have not received an answer. Do lawyers actually respond to questions?
A: Yes, we lawyers try to answer questions when we can. Sometimes we cannot if you are looking for legal advice and you have retained counsel. Other times we can’t answer a question if it is not clear. Try asking your question again and good luck!
Q. I got a letter in the mail 30 days ago to be A Habitual offender i hired a lawyer how many days doSe it take for a respo
A: The lawyer you hired will be in the best position to answer this question. Good luck
Q. first time DUI in FL. Went through the hardship process, drive now. Will I lose that for 12 months. Plus medical cause
A: Was this a first time above a .15 or below? A first time DUI consists of a 6-12 month license suspension. If you otherwise qualify, you should be eligible for a hardship license for the majority of the suspension period. Speak with your lawyer for more information. Good luck,
Q. What happens at a Judge's Pre-Trial Hearing
A: A pre-trial is exactly what it sounds like, a court hearing done before setting a case for trial. This allows the Judge to keep tabs on his/her docket and gives the state/defense a chance to either work out a deal for a plea, set a motion or if needed, set the case for trial.
Q. When vice uses a confidential informant to utilize a controlled buy
A: There is no law that I am aware of that states a CI must be on video buying/selling drugs with the suspect. It is not uncommon for the police to search the CI before and after the buy and rely on their statements. That being said, this opens up possible defenses and credibility issues with the CI. Talk with your attorney for more information. Good luck
Q. Can I be charged with resisting without violence if I was never arrested
A: You can be charged at a later time with resisting or obstruction.
Q. Can I contact my felony case State Attorney and ask to drop charges, and submit documentation supporting my plea?
A: Your lawyer on your behalf can contact the state attorney and present any mitigating evidence. You should NEVER contact the state as a defendant and the state attorney may choose not to speak to you.
Q. If orders by the court say i may buy out community service hrs. Where can these be paid without paying on supervision
A: While it varies, most of the time you can pay it through the court clerk or your probation officer.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Main Office
4707 140th Ave N
Clearwater, FL 33762
Telephone: (727) 286-6141