Free Consultation: (352) 371-2670Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Long H. Duong

Mr. Long H. Duong

LD Legal, LLC
  • Probate, Elder Law, Estate Planning
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

Florida Probate Attorney: Though my practice areas include estate planning and real estate work, my practice has become largely focused on Florida Probate cases. My firm's flagship website is where many if not most of our clients start. Prior to opening my doors in the greater Orlando area, I was associate counsel at Rarick & Associates, P.A., the leading estate planning firm in Miami Lakes, Florida. I also clerked for Becker & Poliakoff, P.A. in Ft. Lauderdale. When I can get away from the office, I am a proud internet geek, Florida Gator fan, husband and father.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Areas
  • Medicaid Planning
  • Estate Administration
  • Wills and Trusts
  • Guardianship
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Free Consultation
    Free Phone consultations for probate and guardianship matters - Limit 15 minutes. In-office consultations require flat fee.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Owner, Principal
LD Legal, LLC
- Current
Owner, Principal
Long H. Duong, P.A.
I practice primarily Florida Probate Law and Estate Administration. My office is in Gainesville, Florida but my firm services clients nationwide for probate matters statewide.
Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University
J.D. | Law
Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University Logo
Kings College
B.A. | Psychology
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar  # 11857
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Florida Probate Attorney
LD Legal, LLC - Florida Estate, Probate and Elder Law Firm
Legal Answers
42 Questions Answered

Q. If my uncle passed n his last living sibling passed b4 him n I'm the niece am I entitled to anything?
A: You need to hire an attorney to make sure your rights are established. It appears as though you may have an interest based on the few facts you've given as well as the fact that the attorney is asking you questions.
Q. My aunt just passed away recently. In her Will she's left me her condominium, her vehicle, life insurance policy,..
A: Sounds like you’ll need to open probate to have the Will admitted (think “activated”) so you can transfer assets. You’ll want to consult directly with a probate attorney about your options and path forward. BTW, the death certificate you received is referred to as the short form. You can request a long form with cause of death as well though you will probably not need one for probate.
Q. Can a mortgage company require the sale of a property go through PROBATE court when there is a legal Quick Claim Deed ?
A: The mortgage lender does not dictate if property must go through probate. If a quit claim deed was signed by the decedent before the decedent died and the deed was valid then probate would not be necessary. You would need to elaborate more on what’s going on with this matter for us to give you a clearer path.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
11 NW 33rd Ct
Gainesville, FL 32607
Telephone: (352) 371-2670
Fax: (866) 440-9154