Free Consultation: (251) 947-6247Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman

Mr. James Parrish Coleman

  • Divorce, Family Law, Probate ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

James Parrish Coleman was born on August 23, 1955, in Jackson Mississippi. He and his wife live in Silverhill, Ala. Mr. Coleman is a 1977 graduate of Loyola University with a degree in Journalism. He worked as a newspaper reporter, operated his family's marine supply business and was a sales representative for a large manufacturer before attending law school at Birmingham School of Law, while working full time. He graduated from Birmingham School of Law in 2006 and started work as an associate at Murchison & Howard, LLC in Foley, Ala. He opened his own firm in July 2012. He is past chairman of the Baldwin County Bar Probate Committee. He is an avid cook and active volunteer for the United States Coast Guard as a legal assistance officer. His son, James Parrish Coleman III is a partner is the law firm. His daughter, Sarah F. Coleman is an associate with the firm with an office in New Orleans, La. Both James and Sarah are licensed in Louisiana.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1168 Questions Answered

Q. can i have my arears resolved if my oldest is 21 and my youngest passed away in January?
A: You cannot remove past due child support amounts. They are final judgements against you in the month that they are unpaid. You can attack a judgment on some very narrow grounds, but not based on what you have laid out. You should have gone back to court when your income changed. You can modify child support based on one child's reaching the age of 19, but you must make a court filing to do that. Find a lawyer and get this done, at least.
Q. Hi We cancelled our wedding due to covid. The wedding planner contract says she can keep all money paid to her.
A: If the contract is governed under Alabama law, you should look at the contract itself. ALabama is a very conservative state in terms of contract law. The terms of the contract will govern, and courts are very reluctant to decide that this is just unfair to you. You should hire a lawyer in the state in which disputes over the contract will be decided. Take the contract to her or him and get some good advice.
Q. My son got a girl pregnant. The girls mother is a narcissist nutcase.
A: The first thing your son has to do is learn what his rights are. If he wants a right to the child he is going to have to go to court. He should sign the birth certificate. If they attempt to stop him, he should register with the Putatative Father's Registery (Ala. Code 26-10C-1). After the child is born he should file a paternity action. THe mother can ask for support for the child after the child is born and can also ask for medical expenses related to the pregnancy. You don't provide many details, so I can't get into specifics. You should sit down with an attorney who is familiar with this kind of law and get him or her to explain all of this to your son.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
22787 Highway 59 South
22787 Highway 59 South
Robertsdale, AL 36567
Telephone: (251) 947-6247