Free Consultation: (561) 353-2800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr Eric Klein

Mr Eric Klein

Klein Law Group, P.A.
  • Family Law, Divorce, Real Estate Law...
  • Florida, Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I am a trial lawyer with a boutique practice that helps people. My Firm concentrates in family law – Divorce, Paternity, Custody, and Prenuptial Agreements – consumer bankruptcy and real estate law, Foreclosure Defense and other real estate litigation - we have a title agency, engage in short sale negotiations --- I have highly skilled attorneys in each area --- we work together as a team. We help our Clients navigate a difficult, challenging, often uncertain process and assist them in achieving the best possible results. What’s unique about my practice is that I can assist people in all aspects of their personal and financial troubles from aggressively pursuing a divorce, to defending a foreclosure, short selling a property, bankruptcy and assisting them in rebuilding their credit. Unlike most law firms, we offer all of these services under one roof.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Real Estate Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Collections
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Klein Law Group, P.A.
- Current
Massachusetts School of Law at Andover
J.D. | Law
Activities: Founder and Editor-in-Chief: The Writ
Placeholder image for education.
University of Pennsylvania
B.B.A. | Business
University of Pennsylvania Logo
AV Preeminent
LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
2016 AV Preeminent Award. Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards Reflecting the Confidential Opinions of Members of the Bar and Judiciary.
The Avvo Rating can help you find the right attorney: There is no bias. The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. It was developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. It’s as simple as counting to 10. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 (Extreme Caution) to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on the rating.
Professional Associations
Wharton Club of South Florida
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Boca Chamber
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Palm Beach County Bar Association  # 35985
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
University of Pennsylvania Alumni Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Your Complete Guide to Restoring Your Credit After Bankruptcy
Credit Solutions Program
Legally Speaking with Eric Klein
Brookline Access TV
Speaking Engagements
Prenuptial Agreements, LeTip of Boca Raton, Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
LeTip of Boca Raton
Bankruptcy Chapter 13 101: The Plan, Law Review CLE, Ft. Lauderdale
Law Review CLE
Bankruptcy Chapter 7 & 13 Workshop, Law Review CLE, Palm Beach
Law Review CLE
Websites & Blogs
Klein Law Group
About Eric N. Klein
Legal Answers
221 Questions Answered

Q. Can I call the court house and schedule a hearing or do I have to wait on the judge to decide?
A: You have raised many issues in your post. I will try to address one at a time. Yes you can and should call the courthouse and schedule a hearing, do not wait for the judge because the judge will not do it for you. Regarding mediation, the court will generally not order mediation until a trial date is set. Therefore, if you want mediation, you will need to file a motion to compel mediation and notice it for a hearing. You should be able to do this on the Uniform Motion Calendar. As your husband takes your child and does not return your child, you should file an emergency motion for pick up order as soon as he does it. Regarding child support, neither party can change their minds. You and your husband will be required to complete the child support guidelines worksheet for the judge so that the judge can calculate an amount of child support to be paid. Good luck.
Q. How can I get my child back from my child father?
A: You need to file an Emergency Motion for Pick-up Order AND call the judge's assistant to schedule it for a hearing. Good luck!
Q. How do I force the sale of my house? It’s court ordered to be sold, but ex husband will not respond to the realtor.
A: File a Motion for Contempt or Enforce the Sale of the Marital Residence. Don't forget to notice it for a hearing. Good luck!
Q. i live in Wesley Chapel. i am temporarily in California. I was 'served' by a random person my wife knows. is that normal
A: You are bound by the rules regarding serving of process of the state in which service was made. If CA allows such service, it is good service. Consult with a CA lawyer for more information. Good luck.
Q. My husband isn't a father of my child. He signed affidavit of non-paternity. Do we qualify for simplified divorce in FL?
A: Yes, however, the judge may require that Paternity be established by the biological Father prior to granting you a judgment for dissolution of marriage. Good luck!
Q. I am a single parent who works at Walmart. I need a divorce. It will be uncontested with no assets. What is my cheapest
A: The most inexpensive way to go is to go to the courthouse and purchase a Dissolution of Marriage kit. It costs about $25.00 and you can do it yourself. Alternatively, for about $300 to $500, you can go on-line and look for a Dissolution of Marriage form preparer . Good luck!
Q. If my wife is caught cheating, how can I use that in divorce court to win physical custody of my child? He is 2.
A: Simply put, you cannot. As Florida is a no-fault divorce state, the fact that she was cheating is not relevant to the divorce or the issue of custody. Good luck.
Q. Do I have to stay in my home and not leave in order to state that I am not abandoning it?
A: Florida is a no-fault divorce state. That means if you abandon the marital residence, you will not lose your interest in the house. You may not be able to go back to live there, but you will not lose your ownership interest you may have in the property. As such, when you are finally divorced, you should receive your equitable share of the house. Good luck!
Q. I'm trying to get divorced and I have no idea where my spouse live. I know they dont reside in Florida. So what do I do?
A: The best thing to do is to hire a private investigator in an effort to locate your spouse. If the private investigator finds your spouse, you can then serve your spouse. In the event your spouse cannot be located, the private investigator will issue a diligent search report. You would then go into court and ask the judge to serve your spouse via publication. You can present the judge with the report and the judge should issue an order of publication. You would then publish the notice in the newspaper the judge chooses and then go forward from there. Good luck!
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Klein Law Group
4800 N. Federal Highway
Suite 307B
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Telephone: (561) 353-2800