Free Consultation: (562) 495-0554Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr Brian D. Lerner

Mr Brian D. Lerner

Immigration & Deportation Lawyer. Over 25 Years Experience. Free Consultatio
  • Immigration Law
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

Immigration Law: Many years ago, Brian D. Lerner has passed a rigorous examination and extensive experience requirements by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. He can handle the most difficult of immigration cases arising from business visas, work permits, Green Cards, non-immigrant visas, deportation, citizenship, appeals and all other areas of immigration. He received his B.S. Degree in Business Administration, with an emphasis on Computer Information Systems, from the University of Southern California. He graduated from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law with a Juris Doctorate degree. Mr. Lerner is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the California Supreme Court and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st Circuits. * Attorney Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law * Deportation/Removal/Appeal Representation all over the U.S. * Over One-Million people helped by this Website * Firm processes cases in every area of Immigration * Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association * Admitted to the United States Supreme Court and the U.S. 1-11th Circuit Courts of Appeal * We prepare appeals, petitions and waivers for immigration cases all over the U.S. * Immigration articles published for thousands of readers * Processed Immigration Cases for over 12 years * Clients from across the U.S. and around the world * All types of business visas and family visas * Strong track record of success * We will give realistic and valid solutions for your immigration problems * Business Visas, Work Permits, Criminal related matters * Our firm handles the difficult cases Estate Law: Brian D. Lerner and his team will prepare the necessary Estate Plan to protect you and your family by helping to prepare Living Trusts, Last Will and Testaments,

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    Come to our office and receive a free consultation. Alternatively, if you are anywhere in the U.S. and have a deportation/removal or appeal issue, the consultation is also free. All other consultations are for a nominal cost.You will get consultations for either Immigration Law or Estate Planning
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
1st Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
3rd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
4th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
6th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
7th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
8th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney at Law
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation
- Current
We help with removal and deportation all over the U.S. We also do Waiver, Appeals and other immigration matters anywhere in the U.S. We have found clients prefer experts in Immigration and Nationality Law, rather than someone who just happens to be local. We help with deportations, removals, green-cards, work permits, visas, adjustments, consulate processing and all other areas of immigration law. Get an appointment at
Attorney at Law
Law Offices of Marks and Acalin
I helped immigrants with all types of immigration problems including representing immigrants in Immigration Court, Appeals, Naturalization, Adjustment, Green Cards, Work-permit and other areas. Additionally, I prepared nonimmigant visas such as E-2, B-2, F-1, O-1, P-1 and others.
Univ of Southern Calif
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
McGeorge School of Law Univ of the Pacific
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Activities: National organization of Immigration Attorneys.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Immigration Section
- Current
Activities: Los Angeles group of Immigration Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar # 158536
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Immigration & Nationality in Los Angeles
California State Bar
Legal Answers
34 Questions Answered

Q. I self deported myself 2011. but now im back in the us .is there any chance i can become a us resident still?
A: Hello: I need more information on how you 'self deported' yourself and how you entered the U.S. again.
Q. How long does it take for a deportation order to be served And the person physically forced to leave the country?
A: Hello: That depends. However, if there is a deportation order, then that person can be forcibly removed from the U.S.
Q. How do i go about i-601 and i-212.i worked in the US with a friends ID under visiting visa in '08 and was removed in '09
A: Hello: These are difficult to prepare. Both the Permission to Reapply and the Waiver of Inadmissibility must be approved for you to ultimately have a chance at residency. There are three packages that must be completed. The Consulate Processing, the Permission to Reenter and the Waiver of Inadmissibility. A Consulate Processing package needs to be done for the Family Petition. This is a petition that will allow your loved one to come to the U.S. Our firm can prepare the Consulate Processing package which goes through U.S. Immigration, the National Visa Center and then the Consulate, so it goes smoothly and correctly.  A Waiver of Inadmissibility will have to be obtained. This is a package that will include a legal brief, forms, documents, exhibits and declarations. My firm can prepare the entire waiver, and attach all of the necessary documents. It will take several months for the decision, and if done correctly, there is a good chance of an approval. The Waiver essentially makes the ground of ineligibility (i.e., the 3/10 year bar) disappear so that the you will be allowed entry into the U.S.  You will also need to have a Permission to Reenter done so that the deportation bar will be lifted. This is a complete package that goes to the District Director to allow entry into the U.S. many years prior to when the deportation order would allow. 
Q. My girlfriend entered the US from Mexico 4 years ago on a Visa with her husband and children.. they are divorcing and
A: Hello: I would need more information, but she would need to have legal status. There are several ways she may be eligible to do this. Please contact me.
Q. What form does a person seeking legal residence in the u.s. for employement if they are already in the u.s. illegally
A: Hello: That would depend and they may not be able to do this. However, the PERM would be where they would start. PERM Labor Certification A Labor Certification is an application filed by your future employer. Labor Certification is now known as PERM and moves through the system much faster than before. In fact, if everything goes smoothly, after filing the Labor Certification, it could take only 60 days. This is years faster than before. It is an offer of employment that will allow you to work for that employer when you get your Green Card.  My office prepares the paperwork and application and then sends it out for signature to you and your employer. We guide both of you through the entire process so that you will never wonder what to do next. Please note that even though the Labor Certification process is much faster, that it is still taking years for the visa number to become current. 
Q. Can i appley for a visa after beeing removed from the states
A: Hello: It would depend why you were removed. I would need that information. However, you may be able to apply for a Nonimmigrant Waiver along with the Visa.
Q. My 2 immigrant stepchildren (age 14&17) arrived at SFO the 30th of Oct. Visa category CR2. I was told they can travel?
A: They both should be under the same category unless the 17 year old is married.
Q. I have friend in Romania who won the Diversity Lottery and an interview is already scheduled. When they come to Californ
A: They can apply immediately. However, first they have to be granted residency. That is the purpose of the interview.
Q. I just received my permanent Residency card, How long do I have to wait until I can apply for my children to immigrate?
A: Hello: You can apply immediately if they are single.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
3233 E. Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90803
Telephone: (562) 495-0554
Fax: (562) 608-8672