Attorney Borquaye A. Thomas is originally from Los Angeles, California and attended the University of California at Berkeley for his undergraduate education. As an undergrad, Attorney Thomas majored in History and minored in Education. For law school, Attorney Thomas attended UCLA School of Law in 1994 and received his Juris Doctorate in 1997; he made Atlanta, Georgia his home in 2001.
As an undergrad, Attorney Thomas was a member of Cal’s Boxing Team where he competed in both Regional and National Championships. Presently, Attorney Thomas enjoys all sports and recognizes the importance of sustaining a healthy physical, mental and spiritual balance.
Attorney Thomas is a member in good standing with the Georgia State Bar and is admitted in the Georgia Court of Appeals, District Court, as well as, the Supreme Court. Attorney Thomas is also a member of the American Bar Association (ABA), and one of his long term goals is to be a federal judge.
- Education Law
- The Law Office of B. A. Thomas, LLC
- NOTABLE CASES SUCCESSFULLY LITIGATED* Michael McIntosh v. Heather Gordy, Court of Appeals Case No. A10A1845 Woodland v. Richmond County Board of Education, Case No. 2011-27 Kendrick v. Atlanta City Board of Education, Case No. 2008-53 Nelson v. Atlanta City Board of Education, Case No. 2007-24 Dowell v. Atlanta City Board of Education, Case No. 2006-76 McDaniels v. Atlanta City Board of Education, Case No. 2006-39 Nelson v. Atlanta City Board of Education, Case No. 2005-18 Collins v. Atlanta City Board of Education, Case No. 2005-14 Gibson v. Professional Standards Commission, Superior Ct. Civil Action No. 2009 CV177425 Mahone v. Clayton County School District McGee v. Atlanta Public Schools Oduah v. Atlanta Public Schools Deru v. Cobb County School District Jordan v. Professional Standards Commission Desimone v. Cobb County School District Baker v. Clayton School District Simmons v. Clayton County School District Yarbrough v. Clayton County School District Minton v. Dekalb County School District Dawson v. Dekalb County School District Thomas v. Clayton County School District Danhi v. Deklab County School District Zak v. Dekalb County School District Powell v. Atlanta Public Schools Hubbard v. Atlanta Public Schools *The outcome of any case depends on the facts specific to that particular case. Nothing contained in any portion of this website should be taken as a representation of how your particular matter could or would be concluded, or even that a case with similar facts will have a similar result.
- UCLA School of Law
- University of California - Berkeley
- B.A. | History; Education
- Honors: 11 years of experience.