Michelle Searcy has over a decade of significant family law practice in Colorado. While in law school, Michelle started honing her legal skills while working as student attorney, including representing clients in both civil and family law matters. Upon graduation, Michelle started her family law career in Denver. She provides her clients the knowledge and experience gathered during her ten plus years of domestic relations practice. She has handled a variety of family law cases from simple to complex, including dissolution of marriage, allocation of parental responsibilities, third-party parent cases, modifications, enforcement proceedings, child support and adoptions. Michelle also brings additional appellate experience to the firm, with both brief writing and oral arguments in the Colorado Court of Appeals as part of her skill set. Michelle enjoys practicing family law and enjoys helping clients resolve issues which have a significant impact on their families and finances.
Michelle understands the personal nature of family law and strives to guide her clients by providing information not only about the legal standards applicable to a case, but with information about how the judicial officers evaluate a case. Her goal is to empower clients with the information necessary to make informed decisions about their cases. From there, she works diligently to help her clients achieve their legal goals through diligence, preparation and a readiness, when necessary to litigate. To Michelle, another critical aspect of the attorney-client relationship is good communication.
Michelle is a Colorado native, having grown up on the Western Slope. She attended Colorado State University, earning an undergraduate degree in Speech Communications. Acknowledging her passion to help others, she obtained her law degree from the University of Colorado School of Law in 2006.
- Family Law
- Plog & Stein P.C.
- - Current
- Pelegrin, Radeff & Frazer-Abel, P.C.
- Pearson & Paris, P.C.
- Pearson, Horowitz & Burnett, P.C.
- University of Colorado Law School
- J.D. (2006)
- Colorado State University
- B.A. (2001) | Speech Communication
- Honors: Dean’s List, Distinguished Scholar
- State Bar of Colorado
- Michelle L. Searcy's Website Profile
- Plog & Stein P.C. Website
- Denver Divorce Attorney Blog
- Exercise of Jurisdiction Over an Out-of-State Resident in a Colorado Divorce
16 July 2019
- What is an Expert and Why are Experts Involved in Divorce Cases?
8 July 2019
- 2019 Changes to Colorado Child Support Laws (Part 2)
2 July 2019
- 2019 Changes to Colorado Child Support Laws
23 June 2019
- What is Legal Separation and is it Right for Me?
13 June 2019
- Do I Have to Go to Court to Get Divorced in Colorado?
5 June 2019
- COLORADO DIVORCE LAWS AS COMPARED TO “SURPRISING” PROVISIONS IN OTHER STATES (Part 2)
23 May 2019
- Denver Child Custody: Filing a Motion to Restrict Parenting Time
13 May 2019
- Understanding the First Stages of Your Family Law Case
8 May 2019