Michael Steven WebbWebb & Webb, Attorneys, Decatur, Georgia 30030
- Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Communications & Internet Law ...
Michael S. Webb, Esquire has been licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia since June 15, 1979. He is a founding partner of the Decatur, Georgia general practice law firm of Webb & Webb, Attorneys. Professor Webb’s areas of expertise include criminal defense, personal injury law, and civil rights. He has handled dozens of jury trials and appeals throughout his 38 year legal career.
Previously, Professor Webb served as a special master for the Office of Fair Employment Practices of the State of Georgia; as a judge pro hac vice for the Gwinnett County Recorders Court; and as a judge pro tempore for the Gwinnett County Juvenile Court.
From 2005-2007, he was an assistant public defender in Chatsworth, Murray County, Georgia (Conasauga Judicial Circuit) for the Georgia Public Defender Standards Council, and from 2007-2008, he served as the Chief Assistant Public Defender for the Conasauga Judicial Circuit, in Dalton, Georgia.
Currently, Professor Webb is a contractor for the State of Georgia Public Defender Council, representing indigent criminal defendants charged with one or more of Georgia’s most serious felony crimes (known as the “Seven Deadly Sins”), when the public defender offices in DeKalb County, Fulton County and Clayton County are disqualified due to a conflict of interest.
Professor Webb has authored several legal articles, in books and for legal periodicals, and he has served as an editor and editorial board member for several legal publications. He has taught courses in law as an adjunct professor on the faculties of Clark Atlanta University, Herzing University and Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Professor Webb was awarded a B.A., Cum Laude, in Anthropology from the University of Georgia in 1976; a Juris Doctor from the Woodrow Wilson College of Law in 1979; an LL.M. (Master of Laws degree) in Taxation from the Woodrow Wilson College of Law in 1987; and an LL.M. in Generalized Legal Studies from Emory Law School in 2014
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Communications & Internet Law
- Internet Law, Media & Advertising, Telecommunications Law
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- White Collar Crime
- DUI & DWI
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- 11th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Emory University School of Law
- LL.M. (2014) | Generalized Legal Studies
- Honors: 3.675 GPA
- Activities: Treasurer, Emory LLM Society
- Georgia State Bar  # 744637
- - Current