Michael Hales
  • Real Estate Law, Business Law, Social Security Disability ...
  • Florida, Idaho
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Michael is a full-time faculty member of BYU-Idaho's Business Management department. While teaching is his main focus, he maintains a law practice focused on business law, contract disputes, and disability. He is licensed in Idaho and Florida.

Practice Areas
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Social Security Disability
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Business Faculty Member
Brigham Young University-Idaho
- Current
Faculty member teaching business law and business writing courses.
Skidmore Hales
- Current
University of San Diego School of Law
J.D. (2009) | Law
University of San Diego School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0103904
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Idaho State Bar  # 8191
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Timeshare Law
The Advocate
Speaking Engagements
J Reuben Clark Law Society, Idaho Falls, ID
Discussed the legal considerations of timeshare ownership
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
112 Questions Answered
Q. My son maybe subject to have a timeshare willed to him. Can he decline acceptance and avoid expences of a timeshare?
A: Yes, your son is not required to take ownership of the timeshare. I recommend speaking with a local attorney on how to do this.
Q. Can timeshare put a lien on my house ,what can we do Thx
A: It depends on the contract, but they almost never will even if it is an option for them. Rather, they'll foreclose and take the timeshare back into their inventory should you fall behind on maintenance fees. I recommend reaching out to the timeshare company and offering to deed or return the property back to them at no cost.
Q. Hello, I need help with a timeshare co. that has ruined my credit, falsely reporting late payments and wont let me out!
A: I've helped with a few of these. Here are some ideas to discuss with your attorney. First, your attorney should speak with their legal department. They can usually take care of these things fairly quickly. Second, if the timeshare company continues to drag their feet with this, you can dispute the credit reporting with the credit bureaus directly. Good luck and please let me know if you have more questions.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Skidmore Hales
18 South 1st East
Rexburg, ID 83440
Cell: (208) 403-5839