Michael C. Barrows practices in all areas of matrimonial law at the trial and appellate levels, with a particular emphasis on complex contested divorce litigation. In addition to his divorce litigation practice, Mr. Barrows represents clients in uncontested divorce matters, divorce mediation and the negotiation of separation and pre-nuptial agreements.
As an experienced trial attorney and appellate advocate, Mr. Barrows has successfully prosecuted and defended complex civil, criminal and commercial actions on behalf of clients located in the New York City, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island and Nassau and Suffolk Counties in Long Island.
?Mr. Barrows’ commercial litigation experience includes State and Federal matters involving actions for breach of contract, shareholder disputes, fraud and fraudulent inducement, mismanagement, theft, unlawful transfer of assets, breach of fiduciary duty, employer/employee disputes, and commercial collections.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- New York
- 2nd Circuit
- D.C. Circuit
- State University of New York - Binghamton
- B.A. | Philosophy, Politics and Law
- - present
- New York State Bar  # 4235818
- - Current