Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
Free consultation for personal injury matters only.
Fee arrangements vary depending on a variety of factors.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Mel Williams PLC
- - Current
- Grimes and Williams, P.C.
- Partner handling employment, civil rights, and constitutional law cases.
- senior associate attorney
- Johnson, Ayers & Matthews, PLC
- Attorney defending all manner of suits to include personal injury, product defects, workers compensation.
- associate attorney
- Guynn & Memmer, P.C.
- Associate attorney defending suits involving personal injury, workers compensation and civil rights.
- Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney
- Bedford County (Va.) Commonwealth's Attorney
- Specialized in prosecution of crimes involving minors and internet-based crimes against children.
- William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law
- J.D. | law
- While in law school Mel also served as pastor to a 120 member congregation for 2 years, and volunteered as an emergency medical technician.
- Honors: Moot Court Team, National Trial Team.
- Activities: Moot Court Administrative Board, National Trial Team Administrative Board, and Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity.
- Bridgewater College
- B.S. | PolSci and Phil/Rel
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa, ODK Oustanding Service Award, George C. Marshall Scholar, President's Scholar, Lambda Society
- Activities: Student Body President; President, Student Ambassador Association, Tennis Team.
- Virginia State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map