Matthew R. Hinson is an attorney at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C., where he focuses on personal injury, wrongful death, and commercial litigation.
Matt obtained his J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was a member of the Broun National Trial Team, Holderness Moot Court National Team, and a staff member on the First Amendment Law Review. While in law school, Matt also served as a Research Assistant for the Honorable Richard E. Myers, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
Prior to law school, Matt received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Spanish with a minor in Rhetoric from Hampden-Sydney College, where he graduated summa cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, as well as a pitcher on the Varsity Baseball Team.
Outside of the office, you can find Matt hunting and fishing with friends, playing his guitar, spending time with his dog, Franklin, and cheering on the Carolina Tar Heels.
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Business Law
- Wrongful Death
- Commercial Litigation
For accident cases only.
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C.
- - Current
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- Activities: Broun National Trial Team, Member Holderness Moot Court National Team, Member First Amendment Law Review, Staff Member Christian Legal Society, President
- Hampden-Sydney College
- B.A. | Economics and Spanish; Minor in Rhetoric
- Honors: Summa Cum laude
- Activities: Phi Beta Kappa Omicron Delta Kappa Phi Sigma Iota Omicron Delta Epsilon Varsity Baseball
- Matthew R. Hinson's Website Profile
- The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. Website
- Day on Torts
- Damage Award Affirmed in Brachial Plexus Injury Case
2 July 2020
- College had duty to student where fraternity hazing was foreseeable.
1 July 2020
- Second HIPAA authorization sent after statute of limitations had run could not cure previous defects.
30 June 2020
- Tennessee Injury Law Center