Matt Maerowitz grew up in Arizona and went to high school at Brophy. He received his undergraduate degree in economics from Boston College and later graduated from law school at the University of Arizona. Matt Maerowitz’s practice focuses on DUI, criminal defense, and personal injury cases. Before co-founding the Maerowitz Law Firm, LLC, Matt worked for a Scottsdale law firm where he drafted numerous criminal defense motions, primarily in DUI cases. Matt also worked for the Pima County Attorney’s Office as a student-prosecutor during law school where he handled several trials. Matt’s experience with both sides of criminal law cases has helped him anticipate arguments from the prosecution in order to prepare the best defense for his clients.
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Free initial consultation -- in-person or over phone.
Credit Cards Accepted
Most major credit cards accepted. Optional monthly payment plans.
Contingent fees accepted on most personal injury cases.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Written
- The Maerowitz Law Firm, LLC
- University of Arizona
- J.D. (2013) | Law
- Boston College
- B.A. (2010) | Economics
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona  # 030548
- - Current
- Arizona DUI Law Radio Interview
- KFNX 1100
- The Maerowitz Law Firm Website
- Q. I got arrested because I unfortunately decided to rest my eyes for a sec while I was parked at the gas station.
- A: You should contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Peoria often draws blood so it is curious as you post blood could not be drawn. A urine test may have issues with the results. There also may be an issue as to driving or actual physical control. You should avoid posting any additional information on here as this is a public forum and anyone can view it.
- Q. Under what ground are you not assigned a lawyer in pinal County
- A: You always have the right to an attorney meaning at any point you can consult or hire a lawyer. You are only entitled to have the court appoint an attorney for you if you are indigent and the punishment may involve the loss of liberty. In some courts, the judge will appoint an attorney any time the State is seeking jail or probation, in other courts the judge will only appoint an attorney if the state is actually seeking jail to serve. Sometimes even if the state is not seeking either jail or probation, the judge can still appoint an attorney in the interests of justice.
- Q. Can u travel from AZ to Tn with a 10 yr old warrant
- A: A warrant is still a warrant no matter how old it is and you can be arrested at any point until you resolve the warrant. Does this mean you will definitely be arrested the second you step foot in Tennessee? No, but you are at risk whenever you have any contact whatsoever with law enforcement. If the warrant is out of Arizona, you should contact an Arizona attorney immediately and should get it resolved before leaving the State as you may need to appear in court.