Free Consultation: (270) 365-6288Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matt Schalk

Matt Schalk

Matt Schalk, Attorney, PLLC serving Caldwell, Lyon, Trigg, Christian, Crittenden
  • Criminal Law, Social Security Disability, DUI & DWI ...
  • Kentucky
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I have been practicing law in Western Kentucky for over 14 years, primarily in the areas of Criminal Defense, Personal Injury (car wrecks, slip and falls, medical malpractice, etc.) and Social Security Disability Appeals.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Social Security Disability
  • DUI & DWI
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Jackson & Schalk, LLP
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
J.D. (2005)
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University Logo
Excellence in MM Law
Lawyers of Distinction
Professional Associations
Lawyers of Distinction
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered

Q. A person threatens to kill someone & hits them w/ a belt, then the victim hits the other w/ a hammer. Who gets charged?
A: It is possible that both could be charged either with a felony or a misdemeanor. That would be up to the investigating officer and/or the prosecutor to decide.
Q. If someone is charged with first degree assault but it was in self defense, will their charges be lowered or drop at all
A: Self defense it’s just that, a defense. It may be used as a negotiating tool to lower the charge, or it can be used as a defensive strategy at trial.
Q. Kids vandalized
A: It would depend on the amount of damage and the criminal charges levied. Juveniles that commit higher felonies can be tried as adults. I doubt this would be one of those cases. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that if they are first time offenders they may be looking at some detention but probably just probation for a year or until 18. Restitution would have to be paid.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Matt Schalk, Attorney, PLLC
111 West Court Square
Princeton, KY 42445
Telephone: (270) 365-6288
Fax: (270) 896-5025