Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Goodwin & Pruette charges $100 for the initial consultation. This $100 is applied toward the retainer fee if the case is accepted. A client can expect a minimum retainer fee in Family Court to be between $2500 and $10,000, depending on the situation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- South Carolina
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founding Attorney
- Goodwin & Pruette, Attorneys at Law, LLC
- - Current
- Contract Attorney
- South Carolina Department of Social Services
- Handled Family Court cases involving abuse and neglect of children and vulnerable adults for the SC Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Founding Attorney; Solo Practice
- M. J. Goodwin, Attorney at Law, LLC
- Prosecutor; Assistant Solicitor
- Tenth Circuit Solicitor's Office
- M. J. Goodwin prosecuted a wide variety of criminal cases in both Family Court and the Court of General Sessions
- University of South Carolina
- Clemson University
- B.A. (1987) | Modern Language
- Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: Delta Gamma Sorority
- South Carolina State Bar  # 64163
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
4 Questions Answered
- Q. My husband is an alcoholic , has been unemployed for a year . He refuses to leave , what are my options?
- A: You can file for a divorce even though he is still in the home. The judge would then decide who has to leave. You need to hire/pay an experienced divorce attorney.
- Q. Can my car just be taken from me
- A: There is not enough information to answer this. If the car is marital property, it is subject to equitable distribution. It doesn't matter whose name it's in. You need an experienced attorney to represent you in your divorce.
- Q. homeless now
- A: You need an attorney. If that is a court order, then you have to leave. If it's a pleading, it means that is what the other party is asking the court to do. There is not enough information here to provide an answer. You need an experienced divorce attorney. You will have to hire/pay an attorney to help you with this.
Contact & Map