Free Consultation: (614) 855-3126Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mary Ellen Leslie Esq.

Mary Ellen Leslie Esq.

Mary Ellen Leslie & Associates, LLC
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABronzeSocial Media
Practice Areas
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Mary Ellen Leslie & Associates, LLC
University of Akron
Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
University of Akron Logo
University of Akron School of Law
J.D. (2001)
University of Akron School of Law Logo
Capital University
B.A. (1997)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
University of Akron
Websites & Blogs
Mary Ellen Leslie's Website Profile
Mary Ellen Leslie & Associates, LLC Website
Legal Answers
27 Questions Answered
Q. Can Medicaid seize grandma's house if elderly uncle is living in it?
A: If a doctor will confirm that without your uncle's care and assistance, your Grandmother would not have been able to continue living in her home, for as long as she was able to, your uncle should be allowed to continue to live in the home as long as he wishes. When he no longer needs to occupy the house, the state will put a lien on it to recover the cost of her care.
Q. Our attorney in Ohio just sent us a $48,000 bill for settling my brother's estate. looks excessive. do i have recourse?
A: Assuming you are a beneficiary of the estate, you should have the choice of approving the attorney fees. In most Probate Courts, if you do not agree with the fees requested, the Court will schedule a hearing id there are any disapprovals of attorney fees requested.
Q. In Feb 2021, I received a letter from a financial firm looking for relatives of an uncle who passed in 2015. What now?
A: Check with the Probate Court to confirm if there had been an estate filed. If. There had been an estate, it would have to be reopened for you to have the authority to pursue the funds referenced.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Mary Ellen Leslie & Associates, LLC
New Albany, OH
28 Keswick Dr
New Albany, OH 43054
Telephone: (614) 855-3126
Cell: (330) 697-8268
Fax: (330) 869-6060