Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABronze
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Social Security Disability
Additional Practice Area
- Public Benefits
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Mary Ellen Leslie & Associates, LLC
- University of Akron
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
- University of Akron School of Law
- J.D. (2001)
- Capital University
- B.A. (1997)
- Ohio State Bar
- Akron Bar Association
- Medina County Bar Association
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Northeast Collaborative Professionals
Websites & Blogs
- Mary Ellen Leslie's Website Profile
- Mary Ellen Leslie & Associates, LLC Website
4 Questions Answered
- Q. After approval of inventory in an estate,what happens next? What exactly does that mean?
- A: The approval of the inventory means that the court has approved the assets that the executor has identified. Then, after administrative costs and claims have been paid, the remainder is distributed to the beneficiaries/heirs, and an account is submitted to the court for approval, before the estate can be closed.
- Q. My husband passed away in may 2019 and im just trying to figure out what i need to do?
- A: The answer will vary based upon the state in which you live. Hire a probate attorney in your state to learn how to transfer the assets.
- Q. Mother in law died last year & house transferred on death to her spouse. Spouse died in April & house transferred to my
- A: If the spouse was on Medicaid, the State, in all likelihood, will have put a lien on the property, which would have to be paid from the sale proceeds. If the spouse was not on Medicaid, any and all medical bills will ave to be paid.
- Q. Where can I get a pro bono. Lawyer to look at my case to see if i have grounds
- A: If you call me at (614)855-3126, I will be happy to discuss your case with you.
Contact & Map