Free Consultation: (877) 576-5500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Martha Ramsay

Martha Ramsay

Ramsay Law Firm, P.A.
  • Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Martha Ramsay is a Board Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist Attorney and Personal Injury Attorney in Charlotte, North Carolina. She has fought for the rights of injured workers and individuals for more than 25+ years and settled hundreds of claims for the benefit of her clients. If you have been injured at work or in the car, call today for a free consultation. #voicefortheinjured, #hurtatwork, #askmarthalaw

Practice Areas
    Workers' Compensation
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
  • Free Consultation
    Your consultation is free and there are no up front costs.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Ramsay Law Firm, P.A.
- Current
University of Potsdam
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
SUNY Buffalo Law School
J.D. (1992) | Law
SUNY Buffalo Law School Logo
National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Ramsay Law Firm, P.A.
The National Trial Lawyers is a peer-nominated award.
2017 Trademark Women of Distinction Honors Edition
Ramsay Law Firm, P.A
Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist
Ramsay Law Firm, P.A.
NFLPA W.C. Attorney
Ramsay Law Firm, P.A
AVVO Top Rated 10.0 Attorney
Ramsay Law Firm, P.A
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
N.C. Academy of Trial Lawyers/Advocates for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NFL Players' Assoc. Workers' Compensation
Panel Attorney
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group
Board Member
- Current
Activities: Serve on the board to help oversee legislation that could benefit workers everywhere.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
25TH Annual WC Roundtable CLE, NCAJ Annual Virtual Convention, charlotte, nc
North Carolina Advodates for Justice
Virtual Presentation on Post Award Issues in Workers' Compensation
Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist
North Carolina State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Ramsay Law Firm Website & Blog
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered
Q. Can a Work Comp patient file a separate Medical Malpractice claim against the WC doctor who caused a secondary injury?
A: Yes, an injured worker can file a separate medical malpractice claim when the doctor is not an employee of the same company. While often referred to as “WC” doctors, they usually are not employed by the company where the worker was injured or the workers’ compensation carrier. Based on the facts you presented, your permanent damages arising from treatment for your work injury become part of the responsibility of the workers’ compensation carrier. Given the complexity of your situation, I recommend that you consult with a board-certified workers compensation specialist to look at the specific facts in your claim. They should be able to refer you to a medical malpractice attorney and work together for the best result for you.
Q. Can I file workers comp for an injury that occurred at work while I was still employed there in February ‘19?
A: You can always file a claim. Whether your claim will be found compensable is the issue. Generally, there is a two year time limit on workers’ compensation claims in North Carolina where the injury is based on an accident. (Occupational diseases have a different time standard). Lawyers call time limits- Statute of Limitations or SOL. It appears that you are past the two year time limit. In some cases, payment of medical treatment by your employer can extend (or toll) the time limit. I recommend that you file your claim immediately, obtain the details of the payment for your medical care and consult with a workers’ compensation specialist. I’m sorry that you are still having problems from your injuries.
Q. As a NC business owner currently involved in a work comp claim, can the carrier's defense council legally threaten...
A: I do not know the answer to your question, but it certainly raises many questions and concerns. I would start by contacting the North Carolina Department of Insurance (855-408-1212), the North Carolina Attorney General and the North Carolina State Bar. Your questions appear to involve unfair settlement practices and unfair insurance issuance practices. There is possibly a conflict of interest for the defense attorney as most defense attorneys appear on behalf of both the company and the insurance carrier. I encourage you to reach out to another attorney who can give you better direction. There maybe time limits on these claims, so it is good that you are taking prompt action.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
10610 Metromont Parkway
Suite 205
Charlotte, NC 28269
Toll-Free: (877) 576-5500
Telephone: (704) 376-1616
Fax: (704) 376-8887
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)