Free Consultation: (941) 373-0066Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Siegel

Mark Siegel

Siegel Law Firm - Chase Bank Building - Sarasota, FL 34236
  • Business Law, Estate Planning, Probate...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Graduate of Georgetown Univ. Law Center, both J.D. and Taxation Masters, Vanderbilt University and Sarasota High School, Mark practices primarily in the areas of commercial law and litigation, estate planning and probate, probate litigation and real estate and real estate litigation. If interested, please contact our office for a consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Tax Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
Additional Practice Areas
  • Civil and Commercial Court Cases
  • Civil and Commercial Litigation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    PayPal, Apple Pay
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Sarasota Bar Association
- Current
Florida Bar Association
- Current
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. (1986) | Masters of Laws in Taxation
Honors: Graduated with Honors
Georgetown University Law Center Logo
Vanderbilt University
B.A. (1980) | Economics - Business Administration
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Debate Team
Vanderbilt University Logo
Superb Rated
9.7 / 10.0
Professional Associations
Sarasota Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar # 382736
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Estate Planning, Sarasota, FL
Association of Caregivers
Gave presentation to caregivers about estate planning issues affecting their clients.
Websites & Blogs
Siegel Law Firm
Legal Answers
72 Questions Answered

Q. I need to know how to go about to start a writ of replevin of property that I own and has not been returned to me.
A: You seem determined to DIY. Personally, I would advise against that, especially in a fairly technical area of law such as replevin. If an attorney does not fit into your budget, you could try Legal Aid, Florida Bar pro bono, your church or elsewhere to find a free or reduced price lawyer.
Q. I started a LLC with 2 more partners (I own 51%). I was taken out of the business and bank account without my permission
A: Of course, their actions seem to be improper. You should contact a business litigation attorney right away, if not sooner. Depending upon the documentation in your possession, you may be able to go to your bank and freeze the account. Nonetheless, in view of the events as you have described them, unfortunately, it looks like litigation is likely unless they respond appropriately to a demand letter.
Q. my house is in a joint tenancy with my brother, can I quick claim deed my part to myself, so I can will to my wife?
A: Sorry. The deed to yourself will not allow you to leave the property to your wife. First, the survivor of you and your brother will own all the property, which that person can bequeath by will.
Q. Bus. partner died in November. No will. No family. Bus. over 1 million in debt. Need to close. Can I w/o judge approval?
A: One would need more facts to provide you with a useful answer. Are there business assets that you would use? Did the other shareholder personally guarantee the debt? Did you? Where there other assets owned by your former business associate? As you may suspect, perhaps the best and most prudent course of action would be to open an estate.
Q. I'm doing a confidentiality agreement for my company. Does the jurisdiction clause need to be a county or state?
A: Among other things, the agreement can state in what county or Federal District Court a lawsuit relating to the agreement must be brought.
Q. How do I know if I have a case against the seller of our home for issues they almost certainly knew about?
A: Real estate litigation.
Q. I am purchasing a tax/accounting business near Sarasota, Florida. I need an attorney for advice.
A: You should look for a business transaction lawyer. Your comment mentions a 'sample letter', which could be a letter of intent (LOI). The goal could be to get a signed asset purchase agreement with appropriate due diligence provisions, including an obligation for the seller to furnish complete financial documentation. Of course, you should be prepared to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Q. I purchased a house in FL, but I noticed that they did not put my wife's as co-owner and her name is not on the deed.
A: Most definitely yes. You should have the seller sign a corrected deed. Contact the closing agent to have them prepare and record the paperwork and get copies reviewed in advance (which should have been done with the purchase). If you wish to avoid probate, you can contact an estate planning lawyer to prepare your will, a revocable living trust and other documents.
Q. I just had a trust restatement&amendment done last week to add my son as co-trustee. Do I need to retitle my condo?
A: The property is titled in the name of the trust. Since the name of the trust has changed (the date of the new trust is probably not the date of the original one and Bill Doe was added), you should file a simple deed to change the name of the owner to the new trust. It is not expensive for the recording fee or the preparation of a simple deed.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Chase Bank Building
240 N Washington Blvd
Suite 450
Sarasota, FL 34236
Telephone: (941) 373-0066
Fax: (941) 373-0099