Free Consultation: (248) 795-5516Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Bredow

Mark Bredow

Bredow Law PLC - Bankruptcy - Criminal - Debt Defense - Driver's Licenses
  • Bankruptcy, Collections, Consumer Law...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I have over 28 years experience in Michigan Law. Before I was an attorney, I was a Bank Auditor where I gained valuable insight into the world of debt. Attending law school, I had daily courtroom experience as a Court Clerk in Michigan’s Sixth Circuit Court. In 25 years as an attorney, I represent clients in trial and appeal courts in of the State of Michigan and in the Federal Courts, of Michigan, Ohio and Illinois, including the U.S. Court of Appeal in the Sixth Circuit. For over 18 years, I have practiced of the law of the collection of debt and in the defense against debt collection. I have extensive knowledge and experience in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy law. I represent both debtor’s and creditors. I help people seeking protection from creditors in bankruptcy, and I represent large and small business, including banks, mortgage companies and mortgage servicers, credit card companies, landlords, condominium associations and homeowner associations, small business owners and many others, to ensure that they received the full share that they are entitled under bankruptcy law. I have also represented the government's interests maintaining fairness to all in the bankruptcy process, as part of the Chapter 13 Trustee's Program. Because I have represented virtually all sides in debt and bankruptcy cases, My firm, Bredow Law PLC, has a unique insight into the motivations of debtors, creditors and Bankruptcy Trustees. My experience and insight allows Bredow Law to prepare unique and insightful solutions you, whether your are an individual, small business owner, or company. Bredow Law also counsels small business, individuals and families in Small Business Formation, Creditor & Debtor Rights, Consumer Law, Elder Law, Probate & Estate Planning, Criminal & Traffic matters & Driver's License Restorations. Our broad experience and specialized skills allow us to give the highest quality and cost-effective representation.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Collections
  • Consumer Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Probate
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free Telephone Consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contigency fee options are available in certain cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Low Fee Chapter 7 - $995.00. $95.00 to start. Price includes the filing fee and credit report. Low Down Payments for Chapter 13 - Ask about our zero-down payment Chapter 13.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Michigan
ID Number: P49744
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
6th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Eastern District of Michigan
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Northern District of Ohio
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Western District of Michigan
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Wayne State University Law School
J.D. (1994) | Law
Wayne State University Law School Logo
Central Michigan University
B.A. (1985) | Accounting
Central Michigan University Logo
Dale Carnegie Institute: Award For Highest Achievement
Bredow Law PLC
Selected by peers as having completed the program with the highest achievement.
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar # 49744
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Mortgage Issues for Borrowers, Creditors and Trustees, 23rd Annual Federal Bar Association, Western District Michigan, Bankruptcy Seminar, Boyne Falls, Michigan
Federal Bar Association of Michigan
Representing Clients in Chapter 13 Proceedings Pre-Confirmation, Bankruptcy Certificate Series: The Basics of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Plymouth, Michigan
Institute of Continuing Legal Education
The Only Cram-Down Left? Lien Stripping and Valuation, Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Conference, Troy, Michigan
American Bankruptcy Institute
The Bankruptcy Reform Act One Year Later, AMC Mortgage Services Attorney Summit, Long Beach, California
AMC Mortgage Services
The Bankruptcy Reform Act, DS News Five-Star Conference Attorney Summit, Dallas, Texas
DS News
General Bankruptcy Education, Homecomings Financial Corporation Client Educational Seminar, San Diego, California
Homecomings Financial
Legal Answers
53 Questions Answered

Q. What happens if the trustee didnt file the final report for distribution of assets before the due date?
A: There likely no real consequence. It's possible the T received an extension. If the delay benefits creditors without impairing your rights the court won't sanction. You may wish to look into filing a motion to compel the trustee to abandon the assets to you. An attorneys review is recommended.
Q. I got ticketed for not having my insurance info present and for having a suspended license that i was not aware of
A: It is not unusual. Certainly, not improper. Remember, a police officer can ask any questions she wants. You are required to produce your license registration and proof of insurance, you are free to decline to answer other questions.
Q. What to do about court fines and warrents.
A: Not enough information. I don't know whether you are talking about traffic fines, misdemeanor fines, and costs, or felony. I don't know your prior history, whether you have a long record of cases and failure to appear. Many factors enter the equation. Don't mess around. Hire an attorney and make a plan. You'll need to contact each court(s) where you have had a case. Find out if there is a bench warrant to find out how much is owed. Pay all fines, costs, and restitution before you go to court. You may want your attorney or a family member do this. Get a receipt. Your attorney will want to schedule a time for you to appear in court to be arraigned on the bench warrants. Talk to your employer, you should take vacation/personal time for that day. Go to court at the time it sets or on the date and time they do arraignments on bench warrants. Take proof that all fines, costs, and restitution have been paid in full. The Court may take you into custody but it should set bail. You'll need enough cash to post it or you should talk to a bail bondsman and make a plan to have the bondsman ready to post bail the same day or take enough cash to pay your bail $5,000.00 minimum. Don't do it without first consulting an attorney.
Q. I got a no proof of insurance ticket in Michigan. I do not have insurance. What do I do?
A: Contact Court. Schedule ticket for formal hearing. Before the hearing, buy insurance and obtain written proof of insurance. Before hearing, go to Secretary of State and obtain copy of your driving record. Attend hearing, talk to city attorney and present proof of insurance and driving record. Ask for the ticket be reduced to "Impeding Traffic" or other citation without points. If offered, take it. Be prepared to pay the fine on the same date.
Q. Received a DWLS citation (MCL 257.9041B) BUT my licence was valid. Driving status was questionable. Now what?
A: Set the case for a pretrial. Contact the Secretary of State and purchase your driving record. Ask them the status of your license. Ask them if there were any restrictions on your license when you were stopped. It is possible you have unpaid tickets that resulted in a suspension? If so, contact the courts where there are any outstanding tickets and go pay them and obtain a record of the release. Once you have paid the tickets, go to he Secretary of State and get a Certified Driving Record. Appear at court (with counsel) at your pretrial Your attorney canpresent the prosecutor/city attorney with the releases and negotiate for a better result.
Q. If a cop gets behind you and doesn't flick his lights and you park and walk away is that a crime even with bad plates?
A: The crime appears to be that you were driving a car without proper registration. If the officer was following procedure, he ran the plate through his computer and the crime would be obvious. The officer could not have known about the lack of insurance. The offer need not turn on his lights for there to be a valid crime. And your abandonment of the vehicle does not erase the crime either. An officer may search an automobile after am arrest or if he is going to tow the vehicle.
Q. Can I fight Section 257.602b traffic ticket arguing the language of "text message" did not apply in my case?
A: The phrase "text message" is not a defined term. The court will likely attribute to it a general definition rather than a strict one limited to SMS. A court is likely to interpret the statute in accordance with the activity that is being regulated and the harm that it is intended to prevent. Whether it's texting, or emailing, or sending emojis, the activity that you describe necessarily involves the reading of the text as well as the sending of text. Moreover, the activities that you describe may be more distracting and thus more dangerous than texting when attempted as a driver. I do not think that the court will be inclined to read the phrase in such a restricted manner. But, as the saying goes, "Any port in a storm". You may have some luck by insisting that the officer prove that you were using an iphone as opposed to a Walkman, ipod or audio-only device.
Q. I have a judgement against me by consent allegedly entered by my defense attorney, I don't have an attorney
A: Yes. If you did not agree it can be set aside. You'll need to file a motion with the court that granted the judgment and mail a copy to the creditor's attorney and the "defense attorney"
Q. Can police hide then pull you over?
A: I see no illegality. If the officer thought that you were speeding, it doesn't matter when he issued you a citation. He will have to prove that you were speeding. If you were not speeding, you may wish to ask for (and pay for) copies of any dash cam or body cam.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Bredow Law PLC
41000 Woodward Avenue
Suite 350 East
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Telephone: (248) 795-5516
Fax: (248) 856-4131