Free Consultation: (708) 349-8900Tap to Call This Lawyer
Marilyn  Johnson

Marilyn Johnson

Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, Ltd.
  • Family Law, Divorce, Criminal Law...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Marilyn Johnson is a partner at Johnson & Johnson, Ltd. She has been practicing law for over 30 years, concentrating in the areas of divorce, custody, support, and visitation. She has conducted numerous trials and hearings involving large marital estates and complex child custody issues. Prior to practicing law, Marilyn Johnson was a special education teacher who worked with children with learning disabilities and emotional and behavioral problems. Her vast experience as a lawyer, teacher, and mother has enabled her to acquire a deep, compassionate understanding of the family unit, which has enabled her to counsel clients through the most difficult times.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Criminal Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Personal Injury
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
    Free initial consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit card accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Accept Bitcoin
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State of Illinois Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Legal Partner
Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, Ltd.
- Current
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
J.D. (1979) | Law
Loyola University Chicago School of Law Logo
Chicago State University
M.S. (1975) | Special Education
Placeholder image for education.
University of Illinois - Chicago
B.A. (1971) | Education
University of Illinois - Chicago Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Illinois # 3125286
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Advocates Society
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Will County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, Ltd.
Legal Answers
49 Questions Answered

Q. What is reasonable healthcare? Orthodontics for a second time.
A: I would certainly get a second opinion. If that orthodontist recommends that your child needs the braces again, then you will have to pay. In that event, you need to find out would occurred causing your child to have the braces again. If there was any negligence on the part of the first orthodontist then perhaps you should not use him or her again.
Q. Im a 16 year old male, my mother has sole custody of me but things have been happening in the house so i decided i want
A: They police could tell you to return to your mother but information is needed. If your mother is abusing you or neglecting you then you should inform the police. Again, depending on the circumstances, you dad could file an emergency petition for temporary and permanent custody or for an order of protection. He should consult an attorney as soon as possible.
Q. My daughter was given to her grandmother without my knowledge.How can i get custody of my daughter in Mississippi
A: You will need to contact an attorney in Mississippi.
Q. First hearing for my 3 year old son, never married.
A: From what you have alleged,there appears to be no basis for the court to delay overnight parenting time with your son for a year. As he is three years old and you do not have a relationship with him, you will first to establish a relationship with him before overnight parenting time can start. Additionally, you state that you were charged with a misdemeanor ,so that charge with no conviction should not effect your parenting time.
Q. Court order to stop child support payments as of July 2019 child support didn't tell social security until October 2019
A: You may be entitled to a reimbursement from the other parent or a credit against other expenses you may owe or even college expenses.
Q. What is the likely outcome if the father takes me to court?
A: From what you have alleged, there is a very chance that the court will order supervised parenting time. However, there first must be a finding of paternity. An agreed court order can be entered that he is the father or a DNA test can be ordered first.
Q. I have a court order for reunification therapy and the kids, which are 10, 13 and 15 say they do not want to see me?
A: You must obey the court order and attend the therapy sessions. The children must also attend the therapy sessions and the other parent of your children must obey the court order and take them to the sessions. The therapist will decide how to conduct the sessions. However, in the event that you believe the sessions are proceeding as you anticipated them to , then you should petition the court to change the therapist.
Q. We are not married and have a infant child. Who can have custody of a child and percentage of child support?
A: You need to file a Petition to Establish the Father-Child Relationship. The child's mother needs to served that petition. You must ask the court for a finding that you are the biological father of the child. Even if you signed a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity, either party can request a DNA test prior to the entry of that order. You can also petition that you be the primary custodian and have either sole or joint decision making. You will either negotiate a settlement agreement or the court will decide on these issues. Child support is no longer calculated using percentages. Child support is calculated on a shared income basis.
Q. IL Divorce- What forms needed to show judge we don’t want 401k from spouse or for them to pay our cc debt?
A: You need to prepare a Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage and attach a Marital Settlement Agreement. You can include provisions in the Marital Settlement Agreement as to terms that you and your spouse have agreed to. The court will review the terms of the agreement and approve it or request that changes be made to it in the event that it may be unconscionable to either party. However, if you and your spouse appear in court for the prove-up and testify that this your agreement, the court will generally approve it.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, Ltd.
16536 S 106th Ct
Orland Park, IL 60467
Telephone: (708) 349-8900
Fax: (708) 349-8910
Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, Ltd.
920 W 175th Street
Ste 1NW
Homewood, IL 60430
Telephone: (708) 799-3100
Fax: (708) 799-7456
Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, Ltd.
15 W Jefferson St
Ste 100
Joliet, IL 60432
Telephone: (815) 723-8800
Fax: (815) 723-8802