Free Consultation: (301) 340-2541Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell

Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell

Law Office of Lynndolyn Mitchell PC
  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Education Law...
  • District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Lynndolyn Mitchell has represented clients in domestic, traffic and criminal litigation matters in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia for over two decades. Ms. Mitchell begin her legal career with Juvenile defenders in her hometown of Santa Ana California. Ms. Mitchell has recently expanded her practice to representing military members in Veterans benefits issues and representing special education students at Individual Education Program (IEP) meetings. Lynndolyn Mitchell served as a senior assistant public defender in Virginia Beach, Virginia and deputy public defender in Riverside, California. Ms. Mitchell represents individuals from all economic, social and cultural backgrounds. Ms. Mitchell is committed to serving clients with professionalism, compassion and proven experience.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Education Law
  • Traffic Tickets
Additional Practice Area
  • Veterans Benefits
  • Free Consultation
    15 minute Telephone,Consultations.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I accept credit cards through Lawpay
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar
Court of Veteran's Appeals
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Lynndolyn Mitchell PC
- Current
Represent clients in complex divorce, child custody, serious traffic and criminal matters in Maryland, Virginia and District of Columbia. Represent parents in Children in Need of Assistance (CINA) matters, Special Advocate for students at Individual Education Plan Meetings and for Military Veterans before the Veteran's Administration.
Associate Attorney
Tomlinson & Associates
Represented clients in jury and bench trials in civil and criminal matters in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William County, Virginia. Attended depositions, settlement conferences and meetings in family law, personal injury and bankruptcy matters.
Assistant Adjunct Professor
University of Maryland University College
Taught courses to military and civilian students in Paralegal Studies, Criminal Justice, Legal Research, Legal Writing and Law Office Management.
Senior Assistant Public Defender
Virgina Beach Public Defender
Represented Juveniles and Adults in criminal and delinquency matters. Successfully tried over serious 30 felony jury trials. Certified to handle death penalty matters
Deputy Public Defender
Riverside County Public Defender
Represented juveniles in delinquency proceedings and children in abuse and neglect matters.
Contract Attorney
Juvenile Defenders
Represented parents in Abuse and Neglect matters and Juveniles in Delinquency cases.
Antioch Law School
J.D. (1984) | Law
Activities: District of Columbia, Legal Assistance By Law Student's Program, BLSA, Juvenile Law Clinic, Family Law Clinic, Intern Los Angeles District Attorney's Office
University of California - Irvine
B.A. (1981) | Social Ecology
Honors: Dean's Honor Roll Spring 1980
Activities: Resident Assistant, Sierra Dorm, Counseling Center Advisory Board, Mesa Court Advisory Board, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Xi Omega Chapter, Legal Intern, Legal Aid Society of Orange County, Pre Law Society
President's Award
J Franklyn Bourne Bar Association
Recognized for serving as co-chair on the Montgomery County Judicial Interviewing Committee. Reviewed applications, conducted interviews and selected candidates for the District Court of Maryland, Montgomery County Circuit Court and Court of Appeals of Maryland.
Who's Who Among College Teachers
University of Maryland University College
Selected by a former student for making a difference as an adjunct professor for University of Maryland University College (UMUC Europe).
Professional Associations
Montgomery County Bar Foundation
Board of Directors
- Current
Activities: Serving on the Board for the Montgomery County Bar Foundation which provides legal education, pro bono services and support for the Montgomery County Community.
J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Associaition
Co-Chair Montgomery County Committee
- Current
Maryland State Bar
- Current
Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Current
Activities: Liaison for Montgomery County Committee of the J Franklyn Bourne Bar Association, Bar Leader class of 2014, Creating an Improved Tomorrow (CIT) for Montgomery County high school students relating to underage drinking and other substance abuse issues , co-chair of education law committee 2009-2011.
University of California Irvine, Alumni Association
- Current
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
- Current
Activities: Initial Line for the Xi Omega chapter at University of California at Irvine. Promotiong academic excellence and service to the community at large.
Montrose Christian School
School Board Member
Activities: Provided administrative guidance with respect to the school bylaws and administrative and teaching contracts relating to the upper and lower school.
Arlington County Bar Association
Naples Office Spouse's Club
Activities: Attended meetings relating to military social support activity Naples. Provided input on revision of guidelines to include spouses that were either male or female.
Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC)
Vice President
Activities: Organized annual retreat in Gaeta Italy and coordinated with the hospitality management team at the host hotel in Gaeta, Italy. Attended annual retreat in Germany. Encouraged participation and facilitation at vacation bible school for children of military and civilians stationed in Naples Italy.
Virginia Public Defender Commission
Activities: Attended seminars geared toward effective advocacy in criminal matters in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Black Law Students Association
Activities: Participated in meetings and retreats that encouraged law students to excel in law school and in the legal profession.
Speaking Engagements
IEP and 504 Plans A Legal Compliance, NBI Special Education Conference, Rockville, Maryland 20850
National Business Institute
IEP and 504 Plans A Legal Compliance, NBI Special Education Conference, Rockville, Maryland 20850
National Business Institute
The IEP Meeting Process: Legal Pitfalls to Avoid, NBI Special Education Law Conference, Rockville, Maryland 20850
National Business Institute
Special Education Law From A to Z, NBI Special Education Law Conference, Baltimore, Maryland
National Business Institute
Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans, IEP and 504 Plan Legal Workshop, Baltimore, Maryland
National Business Institute
Program focused on Special Education issues faced by students in the public school system in Maryland.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. I am an active military member, i need an experienced lawyer with Military divorce to counsel and represent me
A: I have represented active duty military and also have personal experience with the military with respect to pensions and survivor benefits. Sincerely, Lynndolyn Mitchell
Q. I’m trying to loctated a traffic citation from 5 years ago in Arlington Virginia, that’s on my Driving record.
A: Go to the General District court case information for Arlington County click on criminal/traffic and put your name in. There records go back further than 5 years. Sincerely, Lynndolyn Mitchell Licensed in VA MD And DC
Q. I recieved a parking fine in my friends car in baltimore. If i pay it will it go on my record or hers?
A: You should pay it on your friend's behalf. You will need the information regarding your friend's car to insure that the ticket is paid in a timely fashion. Lynndolyn T. Mitchell Law Office of Lynndolyn Mitchell PC 401 East Jefferson St. #201 Rockville, Maryland 20850 www.lynnmitchell4law
Q. grandparents filed emergency custody against both parents and now pursuing child support from father but not mother.
A: In response to your question, although the court can't order mother to move from her parents home. They can require her to pay child support for the children. The grandparents can't pick and choose who to go after for child support payments. Mother who has unstable job history and substance abuse issues may not be able to pay more than a minimum amount of support for the children. There was a recently case decided by the Court of Appeals of Maryland,Burak v. Burak, 455 Md. 564, 168 A.3d 883, 2017 Md. LEXIS 609 that discusses issues similar to your question. Lynndolyn Mitchell
Q. My fiancés estranged wife threatened to "get a shot gun" and blow my brains out. Should I take this as a viable threat?
A: This is not something to take lightly. You should apply for a peace order and also make a police report.
Q. are there any programs that help single moms get legal help for custody/child support?
A: Hello, Since you live in Frederick County, you should contact the Legal Aid Bureau for Frederick County. They have staff attorneys that represent individuals in family law matters. The phone number is (800) 679-8813. You may also want to contact the Frederick County Bar Association, their number is 301.663.1139 | email: They are probably closed for Veteran's Day however, you may contact them on Monday. Sincerely, Lynndolyn Mitchell
Q. MD order says child support is due the 15th. Child graduated the 4th. Do I have to make the last payment?
A: If your child graduated after the 15th of the month child support would have terminated at that time. If your ex spouse insists that you are missing the payment since it's due for the entire month, your argument would be that child support was paid in the form of college tuition. You should be able to prove the amount that was paid for tuition by obtaining a receipt from the institution that your child attends.
Q. I'll be married in 4 wks. Can I then take my 3 girls off my ex's awful health ins. & add to ours w/o repercussions in MD
A: There are many situations where children end up on both parents medical insurance. If you choose to add your three daughters and receive a tax deduction, you will need to inform the other parent that you have made the change and ask him/her to take the girls off of his/her policy.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
401 East Jefferson Street
Suite 201
Rockville, MD 20850
Telephone: (301) 340-2541
Fax: (240) 238-7061