Free Consultation: (336) 993-5955Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lynn Ellen Coleman

Lynn Ellen Coleman

  • Arbitration & Mediation, Bankruptcy, Collections ...
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I offer personal, compassionate assistance with debt and consumer law issues.

Practice Areas
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Bankruptcy
  • Collections
  • Consumer Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free online or telephone consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Debit cad only for bankruptcy. Credit card (all major cards) for other areas.
  • Contingent Fees
    For certain consumer law cases only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I offer flat fees, contingency fees, and hourly fees depending upon the nature of the case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
St. Mary's University School of Law
J.D. | Law
St. Mary's University School of Law Logo
Trinity University
B.S. | History, Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
30 Questions Answered

Q. Being sued on a failed car loan, I turned the car in. how can I go about this? my bills take most of my pay as it is
A: You should see a bankruptcy attorney for a personal consultation as soon as possible. I don;t know what kind of notice you received, but if it is from the Sheriff with a "writ of execution" this is extremely urgent and you should not delay the consultation. A qualified consumer bankruptcy attorney will explain all options for you to deal with this, from doing nothing, making a settlement, paying in full or filing bankruptcy to discharge this debt. It's a bit too complicated to give such a consultation on an internet message board. In addition, this is a public forum and you do not want to share personal details here.
Q. Can paypal legally keep my deposit that was put in my wife’s account
A: They can hold it, but once it is proven that she was authorized to accept it, they should release the funds.
Q. In the state of NC when trading a vehicle to a dealer, do I disclose engine or transmission replacement on damage dis?
A: If your vehicle is 5 years old or newer and the damage was over 35% of the value you must disclose.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
243 West Mountain St
Telephone: (336) 993-5955
Fax: (336) 793-9102
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: By Appointment Only, No Drop In Hours