I bring 20+ years of experience, including as in-house counsel for The Dow Chemical Co., Pratt & Whitney, and Collins Aerospace, to the complex legal and business issues facing high tech clients.
Drawing from this experience, I guide clients in developing global intellectual property (IP) strategies tailored to their specific market considerations and business risks.
Past IP strategies have included (i) engaging in joint development agreements with complementary technology partners, (ii) performing freedom-to-operate studies for product improvements and new products, (iii) filing selected patent applications in jurisdictions important to the specific market, and (iv) developing a global branding program using trademarks to effectively avoid counterfeiters at a relatively low cost.
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Appeals, Patent Litigation, Patent Prosecution
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Minnesota Law School
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- Michigan Technological University
- Scientific & Technical Communication
- State Bar of Michigan  # P64692
- Panagos Kennedy PLLC