I represent clients charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses throughout the Tampa Bay area. I am a member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL), the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL). Additionally, I am an attorney on the NORML Legal Committee which fights for the reform of marijuana laws in Florida and throughout the country.I graduated with Honors from the University of Florida College of Law in Gainesville, Florida, in 1999, and served as Vice Chair on the Executive Board for the UF Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Board. I completed internships at the State Attorney's Office for the Fourth Judicial Circuit prosecuting cases in the felony division, and the United States Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division, working with federal prosecutors. I also completed a federal judicial internship with the Honorable Henry Lee Adams, Jr., United States District Judge, for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. After gaining valuable trial experience working with state and federal prosecutors, I became an Assistant Public Defender in the Fourth Judicial Circuit in Florida defending individuals charged with misdemeanor, juvenile and felony offenses. More than twelve years ago, I entered private practice as a criminal defense attorney representing individuals charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses. Call 813-250-0500 to discuss your case.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Military Law
- White Collar Crime
- Drunk Driving
- Habitual Traffic Offenders
- License Suspensions
- Post Conviction
- Restraining Orders
- Seal and Expunge
- Vehicle Forfeiture
- Violation of Probation
- Free Consultation
Call 813-250-0500 to schedule a free, confidential consultation to discuss your case with Leslie Sammis today. Phones answered 24/7.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard & American Express Accepted. Reasonable payment plans are available.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Reasonable rates for all misdemeanor and felony charges in Hillsborough County, Florida, and the surrounding areas. Call to discuss your case with an attorney and find out the exact charge and payment plans available.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Associate Attorney
- Escobar, Ramirez and Associates
- Associate Attorney
- Head, Thomas, Webb & Willis
- Before moving back to Florida, I had the pleasure of working with the criminal defense attorneys at Head, Thomas, Webb & Willis, which is Georgia's largest and most recognized DUI defense law firm.
- Assistant Public Defender
- Public Defender's Office in the Fourth Judicial Circuit
- After graduating from law school, I began my career as an Assistant Public Defender fighting to protect the rights of clients charged with misdemeanors in county court. I was promoted to juvenile court and then a felony division in Circuit Court in the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida.
- University of Florida
- J.D. (1999) | Law
- Honors: Graduated with Honors; Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Executive Board
- Activities: Competed in State and National Moot Court Competitions
- University of Oklahoma
- B.A. | Philosophy
- Hillsborough County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lifetime Member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer (FACDL)
- Lifetime Member
- National Organization of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- NORML Legal Committee
- National College for DUI Defense
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
- Florida State Bar # 185825
- - Current
- Marketing the Certification Credential – Reports from Lawyer Legion, 2014 National Specialization Roundtable, Long Beach, California
- American Bar Association
- Leslie Sammis, a founder of Lawyer Legion, will update attendees on the efforts of this organization to collect comprehensive information about certified specialist lawyers and to market their credentials to consumers nationwide.
- Tampa DUI Attorney Blog
- Should I take the breath test or refuse?
1 July 2019
- DHSMV Training 2017
22 September 2018
- 14 Ways to Win a Formal Review Hearing
15 July 2018
- Are DHSMV Hearing Officers Training the Officers on How To “Win” the Formal Review Hearing?
22 June 2018
- Tampa’s Central Breath Testing (CBT) Unit Compromised
24 March 2018
- RIDR – DUI Diversion in Hillsborough County, FL
27 February 2018
- DUI Statistics in Tampa, FL
19 August 2017
- Do you lose your driver’s license for a DUI?
4 August 2017
- Suppressing the DUI Intoxilyzer 8000 Results for a Lack of Substantial Compliance
14 April 2017
- Tampa Criminal Defense Attorney
- New Law in Florida Increased the Theft Threshold Amount
30 June 2019
- Can the Court in Florida Grant an "Extradition Bond"?
20 September 2018
- PreCrime without the Precogs - The Risk Protection Order in Florida
22 July 2018
- Can the Court Award Attorney Fees in a Domestic Violence Injunction Case?
9 June 2018
- Proposed Changes to Florida’s Theft Laws - 2018 HB 713
24 January 2018
- Restoration of Civil Rights through the Judicial Process
28 December 2017
- How Long Does It Take to Seal or Expunge a Criminal Record in Florida?
22 November 2017
- Can My Juvenile Record Make Me Ineligible to Seal or Expunge?
5 November 2017
- Attorneys for Backpage Prostitution String Operations in Polk County, FL
20 October 2017
- Tampa Criminal Defense and DUI Attorney
Shoplifting attorney, Leslie Sammis, in Tampa, Hillsborough County, FL, talks about fighting a false accusation for petit theft or retail theft. Learn more about the civil demand letter and how loss prevention officers do their job. If you have been arrested for shoplifting, retail, or petit theft, watch this video for more general information.Florida Criminal Record Expunge Attorneys | Tampa Record Sealing Lawyers
General information about sealing or expunging a criminal record under Florida law.Tampa DUI Lawyer on Defending Florida Drunk Driving Charges
Tampa DUI Lawyers discusses fighting DUI charges in Hillsborough County, FL. Protect your Florida Driver's License after a DUI arrest. Topics including DUI refusal, first DUI, felony DUI, and Florida FR-44 insurance.Tampa Violation of Probation Attorney on VOP Warrant
Tampa Attorney on fighting Violation of Probation cases in Hillsborough County, FL. VOP Lawyer discusses defenses and ways to avoid additional jail time even after a "no bond" warrant has been issued.Tampa Domestic Violence Attorney | Florida Domestic Battery Lawyer | Hillsborough County
Tampa Domestic Battery Lawyer discusses domestic battery (touch or strike) or domestic violence charges in Hillsborough County, FL. Find out more about restraining orders in Tampa (aka orders of protection against domestic violence). Topics including stalking, cyberstalking, violation of injunction, and dating violence.