Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Foreclosure Defense
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
We provide a free consultation in the following areas: Real Estate, Probate, Foreclosure Defense, Loan Modification, Bankruptcy, and Estate Planning.
Credit Cards Accepted
We accept debit and credit cards.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Patel, Soltis & Cardenas, LLC
- - Current
- Vice President of Funds Development
- Latino Festival of Monmouth County
- - Current
- Lazaro is a founding member of the Latino Festival. He has served in multiple capacities including the founding chairperson. He continues to serve on the executive board as one of the senior executives and advisors.
- Law & Justice Committee
- Governor Phil Murphy Transition Team
- Served as a member of the New Jersey Governor's transition team in the Law & Justice subcommittee.
- Freehold Housing Authority
- In April 2006, Acting Governor Richard J. Codey appointed Cardenas to serve on the Freehold Housing Authority as Commissioner with the mission of overseeing its functions. He was reappointed to this commission, by Governor Jon Corzine, in April of 2010, and served until August 2018.
- Director, Information Systems
- Prudential Insurance Company of America
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- J.D. (2012) | Contracts, Trust & Estates, Real Estate
- Rutgers University - Newark
- B.A. (2008) | Political Science
- Honors: 3.8 GPA.
- Outstanding Contribution in Community Service
- Latino American Association of Monmouth County, Inc
- Presented on October 16, 2015, in recognition of my work in Civil Rights and Immigrant Rights in Monmouth County and across New Jersey by the Latino American Association of Monmouth County.
- Inducted into Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Lazaro Cardenas was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.
- State Bar of New Jersey  # 046252017
Articles & Publications
- Freehold Township’s fair housing plan approved |Cardenas
- Asbury Park Press
- Nearly 1000 New Jersey Leaders and Organizations Support Allowing More Residents To Access A Driver’s License
- Do I Need to Hire An Attorney For My Real Estate Closing in NJ?
- New Jersey Estate Plan for the New Year
- Can I Cut My Spouse out of My Will?
- Do I Need a Trust?
- Patel & Soltis' Policy Director Appointed to Transition Committee
- RED BANK: ‘DREAMERS’ GET, AND LEND, A HAND
- Should the Electoral College be abolished? | Opinion
- Asbury Park Press
- Why are Do It Yourself Wills dangerous?
- Moderator, School desegregation forum, Red Bank Elementary School
- Latino Action Network Foundation
- Conducted desegregation forum with 21+ community leaders, educators, and students about the pros and cons of desegregation for K-12 schools in New Jersey.
- Court Certified Mediator
- New Jersey Courts
Websites & Blogs
- Patel, Soltis & Cardenas
2 Questions Answered
- Q. If you go to law school and pass the bar without being sworn in are you a lawyer
- A: The short answer is no. In NJ you can search for the status of an attorney here: https://ecourts.judiciary.state.nj.us/webe5/AttyPAWeb/pages/_rlvid.jsp.faces?_rap=captchaAction.execute&_rvip=/pages/home.jsp&currLocaleBanner=en
- Q. We live in NJ. My uncle passed away and me and my brother only relative he has left. His estate gets divided to us?
- A: Hi, it is not automatic. if your uncle wasn’t married and had no children, siblings, or parents who were alive at the time of his death, and the two of you are the only heirs alive, then you will need to open probate and get named as administrator/executor for the estate. After that you’ll have access to his assets and will be able to distribute as per the intestacy laws of NJ if he didn’t leave a will. I suggest contacting a probate attorney in New Jersey who can assist you with this process.
Contact & Map