Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Legal Malpractice
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Area
Reed Offers Clients Multiple Fee Structures including: Contingency Fees: Reed gets paid when case pays. Flat Fee: negotiated amount, paid in advance for work. Hourly Fee: billed monthly for time worked on case. Hybrid Fee: often used in plaintiff or counter-plaintiff lawsuit. Combines hourly fee and contingency fee. May bill at a lower hourly rate, combined with a percentage of recovery when successful in claim or counterclaim.
- Credit Cards Accepted
I’m going to form a team with you, the client. And I’m going to go try and collect the money that you’re owed you, client. Somebody has wronged you and I’m going to go try to collect it for you and I’m going to work like crazy to collect it. We find that a range of payment options allows clients to immediately address the legal problems that are disrupting your business.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I Offer Clients Multiple Fee Structures: Contingency Fee: Reed gets paid when case pays. Flat Fee: negotiated amount, paid in advance for work. Hourly Fee: billed monthly for time worked on case. Hybrid Fee: often used in plaintiff or counter-plaintiff lawsuit. Combines hourly fee and contingency fee. May bill at a lower hourly rate, combined with a percentage of recovery when successful in claim or counterclaim.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founding Partner
- Bloodworth Law, PLLC
- - Current
- Attorney L. Reed Bloodworth left one of the state's largest law firms to start his own firm to provide clients with the personal representation and attention needed to best resolve trust litigation, probate or estate litigation and business litigation. since 2004. Reed has handled hundreds of cases and his experience involving Business Litigation includes: --Business torts --Contract disputes --Construction defects --Payment disputes --Commercial lending disputes --Property recovery --Professional malpractice --Corporate directors’ and officers’ liability. Reed has extensive skill and ability in trust litigation and probate or estate litigation and handles disputes including: --Undue Influence --Lack of Capacity --Tortious Interference with a Testamentary Expectancy. Reed has litigated these and other complex practice areas in business litigation cases in state and federal trial courts, as well as in the Florida Appellate Courts. Reed is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available, while also being rated “Superb” by Avvo which is the highest rating available. Reed travels to clients across Florida to handle cases every step of the way. Clients want an attorney who will fight for them and who will provide the options available to settling legal disputes. Talk to Reed about what happened to you.
- Attorney, The Business Trial Group
- Morgan & Morgan, P.A.
- Attorney L. Reed Bloodworth handled complex commercial and business litigation, personal injury litigation, and trust and estate litigation.
- Dean Mead
- Practice areas included business and commercial litigation and estate and trust litigation. A sample of representative cases: •Successfully defended individual trustee in suit to remove her as trustee and won entitlement to full trustee fees. (Flagler County, Florida). •Successfully defended publicly-traded medical device manufacturer from invasive discovery tactics employed by parties to multiple lawsuits. (Multiple jurisdictions). •Obtained dismissal of action brought by family members of decedent against Bahamian hotel for numerous alleged causes of action arising from the decedent’s death. (U.S. District Court for Middle District of Florida). •Successfully defended a national bakery and distributor in employment dispute. (Seminole County, Florida). •Reached favorable settlement for Pennsylvanian car dealership sued in Florida regarding a breach of contract. (Orange County, Florida). •Successfully represented engineering firm in breach of contract action against general contractor. (Orange County Business Court, Florida). •Reached favorable settlement for national convenience store sue by contractor for breach of contract. (Orange County, Florida).
- Ringer, Henry, Buckley & Seacord, P.A.
- Represented Plaintiffs and Defendants in civil litigation, with an emphasis on insurance defense. Evaluated cases and issues involving professional and general liability. Drafted motions, pleadings, and memoranda. Handled hearings and argued substantive motions. Performed legal research and analysis. Negotiated and settled cases.
- University of Florida
- J.D. (2003) | Juris Doctorate
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2003
- Wingate University
- B.S. (1998) | Business Administration and Finance
- Activities: Football
- Super Lawyers
- Thomson Reuters
- Attorney L. Reed Bloodworth has been named to the 2019 Florida Super Lawyers list. Each year, fewer than five percent of Florida lawyers are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas, who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Best Lawyers Commercial Litigation
- U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers announced the release of the “Best Lawyers” rankings and Florida attorney L. Reed Bloodworth was named to the Best Lawyers list for his work in Commercial Litigation.
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Attorney
- Florida Trends Magazine
- Orlando, Florida, attorney L. Reed Bloodworth, Managing Partner of Bloodworth Law, PLLC, July 6, 2018, was awarded the Florida Trend’s Legal Elite in Commercial Litigation for the second straight year.
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Attorney
- Florida Trends Magazine
- Orlando, Florida, attorney L. Reed Bloodworth, Managing Partner of Bloodworth Law, PLLC, July 2018, was awarded the Florida Trend’s Legal Elite in Commercial Litigation.
- The Florida Bar  # 0718491
Websites & Blogs
- Attorney L. Reed Bloodworth Website
Contact & Map