Kristine Jones

Kristine Jones

Family & Divorce Attorney in Montgomery, Alabama
  • Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Are you facing difficult family law issues? Are you looking for a trustworthy and reliable lawyer in Montgomery?

Kristine Jones, Attorney-at-Law offers a wide range of legal services related to family matters and domestic relations.

Kristine is a member of the Alabama State Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Association, and founding member of The KJ Law Firm located in Montgomery, Alabama.

When it comes to family law, Kristine Jones is poised and ready to provide outstanding representation for clients facing a variety of family legal matters.

She offers legal advice and counsel for issues related to Marriage & Family, Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Child Support & Custody, Guardian Ad Litem, Division of Property, Mediation, and Small Claims Assistance.

No matter how complex or straightforward your family law issues, Kristine Jones welcomes the opportunity to help you with your case.

Contact Kristine Jones, a Family Law Attorney who understands the importance of providing quality client services.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Small Claims Court Assistance
  • Child Custody & Visitation
  • Child Support
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees are available depending on the issue.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
R & D Consulting, Inc
Reviewed customer contract proposals, Defined bid application problems by conferring with clients and developed solutions by utilizing alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Law Clerk
Alabama Law Institute
Law clerk for the Alabama Legislature 2016 session through the field placement program at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Court
Performed weekly mediation of cases through the Kenneth F. Dunham Mediation Clinic at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Law Clerk
One Place Family Justice Center
As part of the Domestic Violence Clinic at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, performed new client intake, counsel, advice, and trials for clients seeking primarily a Protection From Abuse.
Alabama Secretary of State Elections Division
Performed research for chief election law legal counsel; assembled prior years of election data for state and federal offices.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Auburn University
Lectured twice per week, graded quizzes and exams, and met with students during office hours for a political science course containing approximately 35 students.
Research Assistant
Colorado Secretary of State Elections Division
Performed research for Elections Director; traveled to various mail ballot processing facilities on day of primary election.
Process Server/Researcher
Watson, McKinney, and Artrip, LLP
Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
LL.M. (2016) | Dispute Resolution
Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes
Placeholder image for education.
Auburn University
M.P.A. (2013) | Public Administration
Specialization: Election Administration
Auburn University Logo
University of Alabama - Huntsville
B.A. (2011) | Political Science and Philosophy
University of Alabama - Huntsville Logo
Medal of the Samaritan
Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program
In recognition of her outstanding pro bono legal services, the MVLP presented Kristine Jones with the 2018 Medal of the Samaritan.
Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation (Alabama)
Alabama Access to Justice Commission
In recognition of providing 50 or more hours of pro bono legal services to low income Alabama residents, the Alabama Access to Justice Commission presented Kristine B. Jones, Attorney at Law, with the 2018 Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation.
Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation (Montgomery County)
Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program
In recognition of providing pro bono legal services to low income residents of Montgomery County. Presented by the Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program at the 3rd Annual MVLP Awards Luncheon in Montgomery, Alabama.
Professional Associations
Montgomery County Bar Association
- Current
Activities: MCBA hosts events to foster interaction, communication, and professional opportunities to lawyers in Montgomery and other surrounding counties.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Montgomery County Bar Foundation
Volunteer Attorney
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
Registered Mediator
- Current
Activities: Alternative dispute resolution and mediation areas of practice include Alimony, Automotive, Child Support, Consumer, Contracts, Custody/Visitation, Elections, Family, Landlord/Tenant, Post Divorce Issues, and Small Claims.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity # 40785251
- Current
Activities: The Phi Alpha Delta (Central Alabama Alumni Chapter) offers networking, event planning, case referrals, and general discussion opportunities for its Alabama Alumni members.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alabama State Bar # 1973W23L
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Registered Alabama Mediator
Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
Websites & Blogs
Divorce Services and Messaging Form
Legal Answers
134 Questions Answered

Q. I have caught my husband cheating and he has an alcohol abuse problem. I can't afford divorce and am scared. Help
A: Hello, you asked your question in the Alabama forum, but it appears you are in Miami, FL. Regardless, where ever you are located, seek out a legal services office, or other pro bono/income based program in your area. Thanks for the question and good luck!
Q. my daughter is 22 and my son is 18 both no longer live at home and my daughter is about to get married when does child ?
A: Hello, child support stops at age 19 in Alabama, unless you agreed to extend it, or a child is disabled and in need of continued support. Mom does not have an obligation to update her income. If she's working and you believe it is more than a 10% change from when CS was last calculated, it is up to you to file a modification. Thanks for the question and best of luck.
Q. I have child support court today and every time I crank my car it stalls right out I have no other way there
A: Hello. You can call the clerk's office, let them know what's going on, and ask for a continuance.
Q. My 10 y/o daughter wants nothing to do with me. What are options on avoiding child support on her
A: Hello. No, the rules do not contemplate stopping child support for this reason. Unless there is a safety issue, your 10 year old child does not get to decide who she does or does not want to be with or visit. There are several ways to handle this issue legally, but if you've not talked to mom about this problem yet, try that first. Otherwise, ask the Court's help to enforce it's orders over Mom via contempt for not following the visitation schedule. Thanks for your question and best of luck!
Q. If my ex husband is supposed to pay child support through the court system but doesn't and pays me cash .is it a gift?
A: Hello. No, it is not a gift. It is child support that should be going for the costs associated with raising your child(ren).
Q. My son live in alabama with his mother. I live in indiana and support is enforced through indiana courts. The mother
A: Hello. The short answer to your questions is no. My question to you is, if you are paying child support, why are you still giving mom money? Do you give it directly to your child? Do you pay the money for his "needs" directly to the place asking for it? e.g. the soccer club, football team, doctor, school? If you're just handing additional money over to mom, maybe you should try a different approach. She will either stop asking, or you can pay the "extra" money directly to the entities asking for it. Keep your payment records. Thanks for your question and best of luck!
Q. My ex-wife lives in a different county than me. The DHR manager is her cousin. Can I get the county assigned changed?
A: Hello. DHR does not represent you, which is why you feel that way. They actually represent the person trying to collect child support. The Income Withholding Order follows you when you change jobs. It can only pull from the employers listed on the Order. So it absolutely can only come from one source if that's the only source listed. The only reason to come out of two jobs is because one job does not pay the full amount owed. You don't state why you told DHR about your second job? Not looking at the current IWO in effect so it's difficult to provide information past this. Might not be a bad idea to have a consultation with local counsel where the case is to see how they can help. Thanks for your question and best of luck!
Q. what do I need to file to keep ex husbands alcoholic girlfriend away from our children?
A: Hello. You can try and file a PFA on behalf of your kids against the g/f. Or, file for a modification of custody and see if that gets the attention of dad regarding who he chooses to have around his children. Best of luck!
Q. Aren't IWOs standard for child support in initial custody cases unless otherwise agreed to by both parties? (AL)
A: Hello. In the counties where I practice, all of our orders state that IWO's are required by the code section you describe and our judge's routinely issue them and site that code section as grounds for the order. It is best practice to require IWOs for child support because otherwise it is up to the parties to track who paid the support, when and, how much. An IWO is much simpler for everyone; however, you can both agree to not have one issued. Best of luck and thank you for your question.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The KJ Law Firm
445 Dexter Ave #4050
Office #412
Montgomery, AL 36104
Telephone: (334) 557-7188